Chapter 10: Fast Food

Song//Streetcar by Daniel Caesar
Highly recommended//put on repeat

(Play when I say so)

Isabella's POV
"Okay, okay, it was pretty fun." I admit to Grayson as we were walking back to my car.

"Told ya." Grayson teased me.

"My favorite ride was the tilt-a-whirl. But I almost flew out." I giggled.

"I know! You were bumping into me so much that I had to catch you." He reminisced.

"At least I'm not the one who nearly cried on the fire ball." I scoffed.

"I've never been on that ride before! It's a huge loopy loop and you stop when you're upside down and it's all just chaotic." He defended himself.

"Did you just call a 'loopty loop' a 'loopy loop'?" I chuckled as cake across my car.

"You don't?" He asked.

"No. Nobody does." I laughed as he opened the door for me.

I climbed into the passenger's seat from the drivers seat and waited for Grayson to finish climbing in after me. Once he did, we both put our seatbelts on and began driving away.

"The funnel cake was bomb." I smiled at Grayson as he drove out of the parking lot.

"Isn't it?!" He agreed with enthusiasm.

"Yeah, but I'm hungry again. We haven't eaten anything since lunch. And that was hours ago." I said as my stomach began to grumble at me.

"Sounds like it." Grayson giggled.

"Aren't you hungry?" I asked him.

"Yeah. Where do you want to go eat?" He asked.

"Carl's Jr. and nothing less." I immediately shouted.

"Jeez, okay!" Grayson laughed at my booming enthusiasm. He drove around for a while until we appeared upon a Carl's Jr.

"Ohh yes!" I smiled as we came closer and closer to the fast food restaurant.

Grayson giggled at how easy it was to please me and continued into the driveway. After we ordered, the workers there apologized and told us to wait in the parking lot.

"Carl's Jr. is never packed." I shrugged to myself.

"Maybe it's the cookies." Grayson nodded to himself.

"The cookies are bomb!" I agreed with him.

"Aren't they?!" He chuckled.

I raised my hand up to his face and he gave me a high five. I smiled and sighed out of exhaustion from the day; feeling as it slowly began to creep over me.

"Tired?" Grayson asked.

"Yeah." I nodded as a yawn began to form.

"Luckily you don't have to drive." He said with a sarcastic sad tone.

"Shut up." I giggled at his pretend sarcastic tone.