Chapter 16: This Dance

Song//Everything Has Changed by Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift
Highly recommended//put on repeat

(Play when I say so or you'll screw up the chapter. Don't worry, when I tell you to play the song, the words will be in bold print like this. Thanks, enjoy!)

Isabella's POV
"You did great, it was really good." Grayson said after a while went by as we sat down at our table.

We both got caught up in the moment on stage and it's been slightly awkward ever since we came down from it, but we'll bounce back. He's seen me naked, so nothing could possibly be more awkward and worse than that.

"Thank you." I smiled at him.

All of a sudden, my mother walked up to our table and sat across from the both of us. She gave Grayson a loving smile and then turned to me with a serious expression. I sighed and prepared myself for whatever she's about to lecture me about now.

"You did not run your outfit by me. You were supposed to show me what you were going to wear, then go preform." My mother scolded.

"Mom, my dress is fine." I shrugged at her negative attitude.

"It is not! I can see right up your leg, your straps are much too thin, and I could almost see your full breasts for crying out loud." She explained my "inappropriate dress."

"That's the style. You can't see up my leg, I'm wearing shorts. My chest is covered enough, and my straps are fine." I scoffed at her extreme judgement.

"They most definitely are not fine." She protested.

"If they hold up my dress, then they're fine; they're doing their job." I argued.

"You do not look fine. You look sleazy. It's no wonder people don't respect you half as much." She argued back.

She's basically calling me a whore.

I gasped and heard Graysons breath hitch. My eyes began to water slightly. I took a deep breath and started getting up from my chair. I tugged on Graysons cuffs so he could follow what I was doing; he did.

Grayson and I both stood up and I took a very small moment to shake my head at my mother in shame. A single tear rolled down my cheek and we both turned away from the table; now walking to the small balcony outside. It was only across the room, we can access it easily.

"B, you're not-"

"Thank you Grayson, but now isn't the time." I sniffed at him.

We walked over to the balcony in silence. When I opened the two French doors that led outside, the brisk air brushed against my warm face. I felt as if I was one-on-one with the large moon and it's bright light cascading over me.

I wiped a tear from my cheek and let out a frustrated sigh. I looked up at the stars. They shimmer so beautifully, it's almost calming.

I heard the sound of a zipper unzipping followed by the ruffled sounds of clothing being tossed. I ignored it and continued to stare at the night sky.

All of a sudden, I felt a warm jacket wrap around me from shoulder to shoulder. When I looked to my side, I saw Grayson already looking at me; he didn't have his jacket on.