Chapter 23: Under The Stars

Song//Under The Stars by John Legend
Highly recommended//put on repeat

(Play when I say)

Isabella's POV
"But it's cold!" I whined to Grayson as he basically pulled me outside.

"You promised to go on a walk." He smiled at me as he closed the door behind me.

"I didn't think you'd want to walk at night." I continued to whine.

"It's so much fun to walk at night." He shrugged at me as we began walking away from my apartment.

A cold breeze swept across my torso, causing my arms to grow goosebumps and a small shiver escape my mouth. Grayson noticed this and instantly looked at me.

"Wanna go back inside for a sweater?" He asked.

"No, I'm fine." I shook my head.

"Fine. But you're not taking my jacket." He chuckled.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes at him sarcastically. We kept walking until we reached the parking lot.

"Walk around the complex? Or just out?" Grayson asked as the night sky only grew darker.

I put my index finger on my chin as I pretended to ponder the choices he gave me. I perked my lips and looked up to Grayson; sarcastically taking my time to answer his question.

"Hurry up!" He giggled at my teasing.

"Let's go walking outside of the apartment complex." I said.

"Good, because I didn't want to walk in circles." He smiled at me as we began walking again.

Grayson and I walked down a sidewalk, until we reached the entrance to our apartment complex. We exited through there and just started roaming the block, I guess.

We walked in unison as the moon and stars hovered over us; presenting to us, a beautiful silhouette of sparkles.

"The sky looks so beautiful." Grayson commented.

Although I've seen the night sky before, it just looked even more beautiful with Grayson by my side. I looked up, at the trillions of stars, and smiled. We both stopped walking to watch them.

"It does." I agreed with him as I embraced the beauty.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Grayson look back down to me. He smiled nervously and let out a small sigh.

I was too nervous to return his strong gaze, so I just continued to examine the twinkling lights above me. My heart fluttered as his fingers tapped on my shoulder. Once I looked to him, he showed me his hand; almost like he was giving it to me.

"You're slick, Huckleberry." I smirked at him as I slid my hand on his; tangling our fingers together.

"Your hands are so cold." Grayson whined.

"Well, that's what happens when you're cold!" I giggled.

"I knew it!" He scoffed.