Chapter 24: Hypothetically, I Guess

Song//How Would You Feel by Ed Sheeran
Highly recommended//put on repeat

(Play when I say)

Isabella's POV
"Christmas Eve is gonna be sick." Grayson chuckled to me as he took out some eggnog.

"Eww." I scrunched my face at the disgusting beverage in his hand.

"What do you mean 'eww'?" He scoffed.

"I don't like eggnog. It's gross." I shrugged at him as he placed it back inside the refrigerator.

"I am appalled." He said sarcastically putting his hand over his chest.

"Then, how do you think I feel?" I teased him.

"It's good to see you guys getting along. Finally." Ethan smiled at Grayson and I as he walked into the kitchen.

Ethan had invited us to come over to his place for Christmas Eve, to hang out and pre-party.

"Great. So can we get these off?" I asked Ethan after holding up mine and Grayson's hands that were cuffed together.

"Raina's still with family. And if she mailed the key, it'd still take a while." Ethan smirked to both of us.

"Maybe we should fly out there. What do you think, Huckleberry?" I smirked at Grayson to tease Ethan.

"Gang up on her. Wrestle her for the key. Maybe have a little tag team going on? I'm into the idea." He nodded, going along with my joke.

"Oh, weapons! No limits, although brass knuckles are a must." I continued with a small grin.

"You're crazy. Both of you." Ethan chuckled at Grayson and I.

"Sometimes, it's okay to be crazy." Grayson shrugged at his brother.

"Crazy about you." I smirked to Grayson.

(Play song now)

Ethan's has dropped to the floor, which gave Grayson a hint as to what I was doing. He turned to me and nodded very gently so only I could notice. This was his way of letting me know he's in on the joke too.

"Aww bumble bee!" He smiled at me; placing his forehead against mine.

"Is Graybae feeling affectionate?" I asked him with a childish voice.

"Yes I am." He replied in the same voice.

We were talking to each other the way people talk to their pets, which really gave off the cringey mood we were trying to set. Grayson and I rubbed our noses together for extra affect and finally looked back to Ethan.

There, he stood with widened eyes and a stunned mood.

"Get a room you guys, jeez!" Ethan cringed at Grayson and I.

We began laughing hysterically at Ethan's response. This, eventually, made Ethan realize that it was just a joke. He smiled and rolled his eyes before walking up to Graysons and I.