Chapter 31: What It Means

Song//Dive by Ed Sheeran
Highly recommended//put on repeat

(Shorter chapter today)

Isabella's POV
Sheer bliss.

That's what this feels like. Grayson's lips caressing my own as we hold each other closely; lovingly.

Is sheer bliss.

His hand held the back of my neck as the other rested on my shoulder. My spine tingled as he entered his tongue into my mouth.

He slowly joined his tongue with mine and swirled it, as if they were dancing to the tunes of sweet music.

Our foreheads bumped, causing us to smile embarrassingly.

"Wait, wait." I chuckled, placing my hand on Grayson's chest.

"What?" He asked with a gentle smile on his lips.

"What are we doing?" I asked him honestly.

"Well," He replied before giving me a small kiss on my lips.

"We're kissing." He said before giving me another kiss.

"I. Know. That." I said in between kisses.

"Then why ask?" He giggled.

"What are we? I guess that's what I meant." I admit to him as I turned away from his face, to prevent anymore kissing.

I need to know.

"What?" Grayson tilted his head.

"We both have feelings for each other, and we both...you know." I blushed.

"No, I don't know...care to show me what you mean?" He smirked at me as he leaned in.

He left a small kiss on my lips before moving away to let me finish talking to him.

"I just, I need to know what we're doing. What we are, you know?" I restated.

Grayson nodded in response but stayed silent. He bit his bottom lip in thought as his mind wandered away for a moment. I took a deep breath to calm my nerves, but I couldn't help but feel uneasy about the wait.

What if Grayson doesn't want to be anything more than what we are?

What if I was just a conquest?

A fling?

And what if we go back to what we were before? Would he hate me even more? Or would he not even look at me?

This sucks, I overthink too much and about the negative situations. Why can't I just be hopeful for once?

Maybe because I used to be hopeful that Grayson would change. Before we were cuffed together, and hated each other's guts, I was hopeful that he'd change eventually.

If I killed him with kindness.

I would try to sit by him at lunch, but would only be ignored. I would try to converse with him but he only mocked me. I tried everything to become his friend or show him some kindness, but he always somehow managed to push that away and turn me into some monster.