Chapter 38: Strangers At School

Song//Heal by Tom Odell
Highly recommended// put on repeat

(Play when I say)

Isabella's POV
My tired feet walked across the wide parking lot to my car; I could still feel the cuffs on my wrist. I know is been days, but they've been on me for a long time, I'm just not used to them being gone. I keep finding myself looking over to my left to see Grayson, but reality hits like a brick wall; and he's gone.

Long gone.

My heart sunk at the thought of how Grayson and I ended things; the horrible terms we left on. It's been a few days, but I can't get over how he could just ignore me as if nothing between the two of us happened.

By now, it's almost routine for him to ignore me. We have classes together, but he just doesn't acknowledge me. We pass each other in the parking lot, we see each other at lunch, and even when he comes my way to get to his locker, he refuses to look at me.

It makes me angry that he can just pass me in the halls and pretend I don't exist. Especially when I tried to talk to him that certain day. He just slammed his locker door shut and walked away.

But it made me think.

When my eyes bounced off the floor, they caught a familiar smile. I swear my heart almost jumped out of my chest when I saw those irritatingly adorable dimples. It was Grayson.

Just my luck.

He was parked a couple of cars away from mine, so it was inevitable that we'd give each other at least a small glance before returning to our previous activity.

But I was too fired up to just give him a quick glare.

I wanted to give him a piece of my mind.

Something in the back of my head said to stop, but I pushed that thought away and marched to where Grayson was standing. He was just standing beside his car, laughing with his friends.

But he won't be laughing when I'm through.

Once I began to get closer to him, he made eye contact with me and his smile visibly dropped. He said something inaudible to his friends and they immediately turned around to face me.

I could feel the anger in my face expression as my feet made me come closer and closer to the group of people. Assuming they noticed my attitude, Graysons friends quickly said their goodbyes and walked away from Grayson moments before I finally approached him.

There we stood face to face; almost 1 foot away from each other.

"Need something?" Grayson scoffed at me with his arms now folded across his chest.

"Listen, Grayson Dolan, and listen well. Just because you're too much of a coward to admit it, I know you're ignoring me." I huffed at his snarky remark.

(Play song now)

"Oh look at how smart she is! Congrats for finally figuring it out." He hit me with another sarcastic comment.

"I don't get it. How do you do it? Please tell me how, because I'm honestly clueless about what it is you do." I asked as my eyes began to slightly water.