Chapter 33: You're My Good

Song//Bud by Fenne Lily
Highly recommended//put on repeat

(Play when I say)

Isabella's POV

What I Love About You

"The sparkle in your eye,
The warmth of your skin,
Your breath on my neck
That shakes me within.

The touch of your hand,
The smell of your hair,
The naughtiness in your smile,
That strength in your stare.

Your kiss on my lips,
Your body near mine,
The stroke of your touch,
Makes everything feel fine.

The compassion in your touch,
The power in your face,
The beating of your heart,
That we may never end our embrace.

The beauty of your kiss,
And that magic in your touch.
It is for all these reasons and more
Why I love you so much..."

— Nidhi Kaul

(Play song now)

The stroke of his hand against my bare skin sends welcoming butterflies to my stomach. The way his soft thumb rubs in circles upon my cheek, how he holds my face so dearly.

I feel secure. This is my safe haven.

His playful eyes examined every detail of my face from my hair down to my chin; keeping that same grin on his face throughout his examination.

It was as if he was trying to find something. Not a stray eyelash, not a crooked smile, not a booger; no flaws. That wasn't what he was looking for.

What was he looking for, you ask?

God knows I want the answer to that myself.

"You're beautiful." Grayson said to me with an in-awe face expression.

I smiled to him and blushed. His bright hazel eyes were piercing through mine as his hand stayed on my cheek. We just woke up not too long ago, so we were still half asleep.

Which would explain my sudden urged to ask him questions.

"Grayson?" I said aloud to him.

"Hmm?" He hummed gently in response.

"Would you ever be in a relationship with me?" I asked with my eyes slowly starting to shut again.

Grayson leaned in and pulled my head closer to him at the same time. He planted a lingering kiss on my lips as his hand rubbed my cheek once more. When the kiss was finished, I placed my hand on Grayson's.

"Yes." He said confidently.

I nuzzled my head in the crook of his neck and instantly felt him begin to cuddle me. I let out a deep breath to really soak this moment in.

It's the small things, like this, that we should appreciate. The cuddles, the kisses, the gazing. The laughs, the fun, the nicknames. Late night drives, eating out, mocking each other, quietly laying beside one another; everything.