Chapter 26: This Feels Right

Song//Losin by H.E.R.
Highly recommended//put on repeat

(Play when I say)

Isabella's POV
"I think you're underestimating me." Grayson scoffed at my previous comment.

"Just because I said 'I've never seen you build anything' doesn't make it an insult." I giggled at him as we sat down at the table.

"Now I have no choice but to build you something to prove you wrong." He huffed as he stuck his tongue out at me.

"I literally have no space." I chuckled.

"Too bad. Now I'm gonna build you a bunch of clutter and you can't get rid of it." He taunted me with a childish smirk.

"I hate you." I smiled at him.

"You love me." He protested my comment.

Yeah.

Wait, what?!

"Whatever. Anyway, Christmas was 3 days ago. I don't know why you're just now commenting about the gift I gave you." I questioned Grayson.

"Girl, it's my gift. I can talk about it whenever I want to." He said with sass; shaking his head all over the place.

"Okay." I giggled at his goofiness.

I rolled my eyes at him to tease him, which only encouraged him to tease me back. He stuck his tongue out at me and quickly reached over my head to mess up my hair.

I shouted and slugged him on the shoulder to g back at him for tangling my delicate hair. He bumped his shoulder to mine, causing me to almost fall off of my chair.

"Grayson!" I shouted at him with a slight giggle at the end.

"Oops. Did I do that?" He asked with anything but a sincere tone.

I shook my head in disapproval of his sarcasm as I folded my arms to really sell my mood. Of course, I wasn't really mad; I just made it seem so. He chuckled and said something that made us both go silent.

"You look cute when you're mad." He smiled at me with a tint of blush on his cheeks.

My stomach twisted and my face visibly dropped at the sound of his sentence. My surprised expression, slowly turned into a smile as I felt the warmth rush over my cheeks.

Grayson, on the other hand, was rubbing the back of his head; not really knowing what to do. He was probably thinking of ways to deflect his own statement, but was in too deep.

"Wish I could say the same about you." I teased him to get rid of all the awkward tension.

"Okay, that's just hurtful." He said placing his hand over his heart; pretending to be hurt.

"Then imagine what I have to go through when I look at your face." I continued to tease him.

"That's it." He chuckled at me before he got out of his seat.

He towered over me and instantly lowered his hands to my waist; hoisting me up as if it were nothing. He gently tossed my body over his shoulder and carried me to the living room.