Chapter 18: Beautiful Person

Song//Don't Say by Hannah Cohen
Highly recommended//put on repeat

(Play when I say)

Isabella's POV
Grayson and I stayed in place in the midst of our uncomfortable silence. It's been a couple of minutes of us just laying there; not saying anything.

I don't know what's gotten into us. We both know that we've grown to become close friends, but things are speeding up. Maybe it's one sided, but I'm not even sure about my own feelings.

"Bella?" Grayson asked.

Thank goodness he said something.

"Yeah?" I replied nervously; not knowing what direction this conversation might lead.

"Did you still want to talk?" He asked again, fiddling with his fingers that laid beside mine.

I forgot completely about that. He was nice enough to respect my decision to wait, but I never told him if I was truly ready to talk or not. It's a lot.

Am I ready though? To open up so much about a small part of my life?

Sure, it may not be as "enticing" as other people's childhood, but that doesn't make it any less important for me. The topic, that he probably wants me to talk about, is sensitive to me and takes a lot for me to even think about discussing.

It's the thing that makes me question love itself. It's the reason I'm so cautious about my feelings toward Grayson and why I continue to ask myself if they are real or not.

It's the reason why I'm so insecure.

Though I know I hide well.

I should talk about it. Who knows? Maybe it'll help me with my own issues. Maybe a little venting could go a long way.

I've been told that, just because you keep your own secrets, doesn't always mean they define you. Your secrets only define what you think of yourself; but that also doesn't make them true.

"Y-Yeah...I can talk now." I quivered.

"Whenever you're ready. No pressure." He comforted me.

Where do I even begin? I mean, I guess I could start with the beginning. But it's such a long story.

"My mom was only 18 when she found out she was pregnant with me. My dad was too. Since my grandparents had a good reputation, and were so strict on premarital sex, they sort of forced my mom and dad to get married. At first, they didn't mind, they were in love. But I guess they got married too young so it ruined their marriage in the long run." I began to reminisce the story told to me.

My grandma told me about my mom and dad before I was born and used it to try and scare me into waiting until marriage to have sex or kids or something. I don't think it worked lmao.

"My mom and I used to best friends. When I was a baby until I was 5, I would always go to events with her and dress up just like her, which would make everyone adore our relationship. But I also had really high expectations for growing up in a wealthy family. I had to go to a girls only school, adequacy schooling, even wear big poofy dresses that I hated." I continued.