Chapter 11: Not Karaoke

Song//Someone Like You by Adele

(This song isn't for the chapter, it's only the piano because it'll be like Isabella's singing along to it as she sings the song, so yeah. If that makes any sense. Play the song when I say so.)

Isabella's POV
It's been a couple of days since Grayson and I went to Castle Park, and we've been growing closer to one another. It's been great, although it still needs work. It's not exactly perfect yet.

There'll be times when he notices we're getting along and then suddenly closes up. Other times he would get frustrated easily, but bite his tongue. I don't know what he's so afraid of, but time will eventually tell I guess.

"Huckleberry." I said to Grayson, who was eating a sandwich beside me.

"What?" He asked with a full mouth of food.

"I'm bored, what do you want to do?" I asked as I was finishing up on my plate of apple slices and peanut butter.

"Eat." He said, still chewing on his bite.

"Besides that." I shrugged as I scooped some peanut butter up with one of my last apple slices.

"Karaoke." He smiled at me with closed lips.

I rolled my eyes as his comment and took a bite from my peanut butter covered apple slice.

Wow. Try saying that 5 times.

"Shut up." I chuckled; slugging him on his bicep. It was surprisingly firm.

"I'm serious." He nodded.

A small scoff left my lips as a wave of nervousness washed over me. My mind instantly jumped to when I received that note from a secret admirer...who awkwardly turned out to be Grayson. My mouth slowly turned into a wide smile as my cheeks began to grow warm.

"You're red." Grayson's voice muffled due to the food in his mouth.

I snapped back into reality and gave Grayson a sheepish grin. He snickered at how slightly goofy I was being and swallowed the food in his mouth. I watched as he raised his glass of water up to his lips and take a sip.

I could easily see his muscular neck make small movements as the water trickled down his throat. When he was finished with the glass, he licked his plump lips and took the last bite of his sandwich.

His jawline became more defined as it clenched every time he chewed on the food. I didn't even notice my staring until Grayson looked at me with an awkward, half smile.

"Pictures last longer." He smirked.

"Shut up. I zoned out." I sneered at him.

"Watching me eat. That's weird." He giggled as he finished his food.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes at his comment.

"Karaoke time?" Grayson smiled to me.

"No." I said shaking my head.

He scoffed at my answer and threw his hand up to his chest; pretending to be offended. He flipped his imaginary long hair and crossed his arms in a feminine way. This made me giggle at his odd behavior.