Chapter 20: The Uber Ride

Song//Sunset Lover by PETIT BISCUIT
Highly recommended//put on repeat

(Song matches mood sorta, but play when I say)

Isabella's POV
"Mom, we just came to get our clothes from last night." I sighed at my mother.

We had only gotten here a few minutes ago after packing up our things from the hotel. And we called an Uber, so we're really trying to hurry up, gather our things, and go.

Grayson and I stood outside of the banquet hall doors in frustration. When we knocked, we weren't expecting to see my mother here. Apparently, she came and volunteered to help clean after the party. She tried to make me stay in town for a while longer, but I can't stand her for more than an hour.

In other words, it's not a good idea.

"Fine, they're in the Storage Room." My mother said to Grayson and I; slowly opening the door enough for us to walk in.

We all walked inside the enormous space and waited for my mother to show us the way. Once she began walking in front of us, we followed her down a mysterious hallway and into a room with random objects inside.

By "mysterious hallway" I mean, a hallway I've never seen or walked through before.

The Storage Room was full of, mainly, clothes and other small objects like bracelets and accessories. My mother waited beside the door and waited for Grayson and I to find our things and go.

"Your clothes are in the corner." She huffed as she pointed to a secluded area.

I walked with Grayson to where she was pointing. Once we saw our clothes, we grabbed them and walked with my mom to the nearest exit. I felt bad leaving her after she wanted me to stay, but it's just better for the both of us if I go. Grayson included.

(Play song now)

My mother really likes Grayson, and I can tell that she wants me to be with him, romantically, but she doesn't know how to be positive about it. That's why she was angry with me last night about my dress.

In her own crazy ass mind, she's protecting Grayson from any disruption towards his "innocence" in a way. She also just wants to keep me preservative as well, to make sure I'm not carrying myself as anything bad.

But she could've at least just said that straight out.

"Goodbye, sweetie." My mother said to me as she embraced me into a loving hug.

I hugged her back while being careful not to tug on the cuffs too much. My mother didn't approve of Grayson and I being cuffed together, but we didn't really have a say in the matter.

"Call me when you land, okay?" She smiled at me.

"Okay, mom." I nodded to her as we parted ways.

Grayson and I sat in the Uber and waved goodbye to my mother one last time before driving away to the airport.

"She loves you." Grayson said to me randomly.

I turned to my side and saw him already looking at me. We were in the backseat of the Uber.

"I know." I smiled at him.

"You both have a tough relationship, but you should try to repair it." Grayson suggested.

"With that woman? I don't think so." I scoffed with a small smile on my face.

"You never know what could happen next, you should really make amends." He nudged me with his elbow with a pleading tone in his voice.

"Maybe in the future, but now isn't the time." I said shaking my head at his probing.

"That's what I'm trying to say, there might not be a future with your mom." He said with a stern voice.

"Grayson, it's my mom. Chill out." I said with a calm voice; but I was irritated.

Why was he being so persistent about my relationship with my mother? It's weird.

"S-Sorry." He apologized before swiftly lowering his head down to his lap.

I sighed and looked out of the window on my side. I focused on the trees and scenery; the clouds in the sky looked beautiful.

Sometimes I like to enjoy the moment, even if it's not ideal. I like to take a second to recognize and appreciate where I am and my surroundings. I may never have the chance to experience these things ever again.

Oh, that's what Grayson said.

Now I understand what he means and his concerns. But that doesn't really explain why he was trying to convince me to make amends immediately. Maybe it's because of him and Ethan.

They obviously don't live together, so there's a slight strain in their relationship. I don't know why, but it's a touchy subject so I'll wait for Grayson to open up about that; if he ever decides to.

I know that Grayson doesn't like to be compared with his brother, and I have an idea why not, but I don't know the full story.

I should apologize to him.

I looked away from the window and turned to Grayson; he was facing the other way to look out of his window. I used my hand to tap on his, instantly gaining his attention.

He looked to me and nodded his head to ask me what I wanted to say. I just wrapped my fingers around his and gave him a soft smile.

I was freaking out that he held my hand back, but I think I contained my excitement.

"Sorry for being mean, but thanks for your input." I said with a gentle voice.

"It's okay. I shouldn't have tried to pressure you into anything you don't want to do or aren't ready for." He replied with his cute dimpled smile.

I looked into Graysons eyes and saw them sparkle every time the sunlight hit them. I looked down to his plump lips for a split second before admiring his eyes again. I didn't notice we were leaning into each other until our noses were a couple of inches away.

Our fingers were still tangled together, but neither of us dared to move them. I licked my lips out of nervous habit, causing Grayson to mimic my actions.

I didn't want to look like a creep, so I tilted my head away from his. I regret it.

We looked away from each other and then instantly looked back; our hands still in the same place.

I think I'm falling more for this man everyday.

Not just by his amazing looks, but for him personally. His personality is actually, quite, beautiful once you get to experience it.

I found Grayson to be passionate, kind, and gentle. He's actually the most caring person I've ever met. As ironic as that sounds, it's true.

And, without trying to sound creepy, he kind of reminds me of my dad. My dad was always loving and kind. Although he made mistakes, like Grayson, he's still a nice person.

A loving, caring, kind, gentle, and nice person.

Just like Grayson.