Eight

Italics = Flashbacks xoxo

Vanessa and Antoinette are at the amusement park. They're just falling in line to buy some tickets until some of the fans notices them. Some fans are taking a picture of them and some are asking for an autograph from Vanessa. They bought the "ride all you can" ticket and went out of the ticket booth. They went to ride different rides for kids, and went to different game stalls. They were just having fun without noticing the people around them, taking pictures or videos. Vanessa's instagram and twitter are flooded with tagged photos and videos of them but she still doesn't care and she's just making her first date with her daughter memorable. Antoinette saw a unicorn cotton candy and she dragged Vanessa and asked her to buy the candy for her. Vanessa couldn't help the cuteness of Antoinette and she really want to make it up to her so she decided to do whatever she wants and to give her all the things that she asks. The vendor gave Antoinette her cotton candy and she immediately ate it. Vanessa paid for it and held Antoinette's hand and continued walking.

"Is this your daughter?" Vanessa heard a familiar voice from behind. She turned around and saw Michael just standing there. Vanessa just nodded and carried Antoinette who is currently busy eating her cotton candy.

"So she is the reason why you broke up with me all of a sudden" Michael said, looking angry.

"Can we talk about this some other time and in private? Not in front of the kid, and not with all the people around here?" Vanessa calmed herself down and tried to not make a scene.

"I just don't get it V. I've been there with you my whole life and then one second, that kid came into your life and you decided to leave me all of a sudden? That's bullshit" Michael said and all the people were just looking at them, others were taking pictures and videos. Antoinette stopped eating her cotton candy and was confused about what is going on around them.

"I came in first and then-" Michael said but interrupted by Vanessa.

"THEY CAME FIRST BEFORE YOU. I'M JUST TOO DUMB TO SEE THAT" Vanessa finally said it and then went out of the place.

- -

It's been a month since Madelaine left. Vanessa couldn't help it but feel guilty about cheating on Madelaine and pushing her away. She ignored Michael after Madelaine left. She couldn't sleep, she couldn't concentrate on her work because she's thinking about her all the time so one day, she decided to file an indefinite leave on the show and followed Madelaine in California, she searched everywhere for her. Vanessa took a risk at flying to California, without knowing a single information about the location of Madelaine. Without knowing if she really went to California or not. Vanessa stayed at California for 5 months, looking for answers, searching for a beautiful redhead girl that she love so much but she couldn't find a single sign of her. She went back to Vancouver, Michael picked her up in the airport and took her home.

"I can't track Madelaine's location. I searched for her everywhere, Michael. I- I couldn't find her" Vanessa was just crying in front of Michael, covering her face with her hands. Michael went closer and hugged Vanessa.

Michael became her emotional support, until they both fell in love with each other. Until the day of Michael's proposal...

"Will you be mine forever?" Michael said, kneeling down.

"Y-yes" Vanessa said and immediately held Michael's face and kissed him.

- -

"Auntie, where are we going?" Antoinette said. Vanessa was still carrying her while she's walking towards her car.

"We are going home now" Vanessa softly said and kissed her daughter's cheek.

"Aww" Antoinette said and pouted.