Twenty Two

Vanessa went down and went to the bar to meet Vero there.

"Hey there. I'm glad you came" Vero said, waiting for Vanessa at the main door in front of the bar.

"Oh please, Vero. Don't take this the wrong way. I'm here to ask you for help remember?" Vanessa said.

"Right sorry, let's grab a table and talk there" Vero said and she opened the door for Vanessa.

They sat, facing each other and ordered two bottles of beer.

"Okay, so here's the thing... I want to surprise Madelaine for a dinner and I'm gonna propose to her tonight. I'm really planning to do this for a while now and I think, now's the right time to do it" Vanessa said. The server delivered their order and they immediately drank it.

"I'm kinda jealous but sure, as long as you're happy then I'm happy for you" Vero said and Vanessa smiled.

"Thank you..." Vanessa said while smiling.

"Don't do that if you don't want me to steal you from Madelaine. I'm really trying to behave right now" Vero said and Vanessa giggled.

"Okay, so the plan is simple, we have to gather some of the staff to help us arrange the venue, I'll just pay them after and after 2 hours I will go upstairs and keep Mads distracted" Vanessa said and drank.

"Roger that. What time will you be going down with Madelaine?" Vero asked and drank.

"At exactly 9:30 pm. Is that enough time for you to prepare?" Vanessa said and Vero checked the time.

"4 hours should be enough" Vero said.

"Okay then, let's give the love of my life a night that she deserves" Vanessa said and raised her bottle for a toss.

"You're so soft. This is so painful... but cheers to you" Vero said and raised her bottle.

"Shut up" Vanessa said while giggling and drank the beer and so is Vero.

After that, they went to the front office of the resort to seek for help for the venue. All of them are so excited to witness the proposal of Vanessa Morgan to Madelaine Petsch. They started gathering everything and then started to design the place. They were so busy preparing all night long. Vanessa's feeling terrified but she's excited to see the reaction of Madelaine when she finally ask her to marry her and be with her for the rest of her life.

"You're sweating so bad" Vero snapped Vanessa back to her reality.

"I'm just nervous that's all" Vanessa said and Vero just laughed.

"You still have time to back out though" Vero said but Vanessa glared at her.

"Okay fine... I will go back to work now" Vero said and immediately left Vanessa.

After a couple of hours, they're already finished. Vanessa thanked everyone who helped her pull this out and promised everyone that she will be paying them equally because of their kindness.

 Vanessa thanked everyone who helped her pull this out and promised everyone that she will be paying them equally because of their kindness