Thirteen

"I came to rescue you"

Madelaine hugged Vanessa tight while crying, ignoring the fact that they're in the middle of a crowd. All she cares about is the fact that Vanessa was all of a sudden, standing there when she needed someone to help her. It's like the universe is telling Vanessa to follow Madelaine because something might happen and she did.

"Shhhh, I'm already here and I'm so sorry for what happened last night" Vanessa whispered while still hugging Madelaine and rubbing her back. Madelaine suddenly kissed the cheeks of Vanessa and she immediately looked at Madelaine because she already knew the meaning of that kiss.

"Thank you for forgiving me" Vanessa said and pulled away from the hug and wiped Madelaine's tears away.

"Do you want to have some tea? My treat" Vanessa added to lift Madelaine up.

They went to a tea shop at the city proper, they sat down while waiting for their orders to come. Madelaine couldn't stop looking at Vanessa in front of her who's currently scrolling through her phone.

"How did you find me?" Madelaine said, trying to start a conversation.

"I didn't. I was lost that time, I don't know where you are. I don't know a single information about your location but I followed you anyways and tried to track you down again but I couldn't... I was literally just walking down the street looking for some clues or anything and then I saw you" Vanessa said, locking her phone and putting it down to focus on Madelaine.

"Track me down again? What do you mean by that?" Madelaine asked.

"Oh- It's nothing" Vanessa denied and that made Madelaine cross her arms and leaned back to her chair.

"Fine" Vanessa gave in and it made Madelaine lean forward and smiled.

"I- I've been here before" Vanessa said with her cracking voice.

"Okay?" Madelaine asked.

"That time when you just left and never returned, I tried to find you. I went and stayed here for a couple of months just to track you down and apologize for pushing you away and for cheating in you and to bring you back home with me to start fresh. But I failed... I went home, feeling depressed and all. To cut the long story short, I didn't found you and I went home, feeling depressed. Michael was there to comfort me and yeah..." Vanessa cuts the story before it gets deeper.

"I already knew that" Madelaine said. Vanessa seriously looked at Madelaine.

"Lili and Cami told me that you're here in California and they think that you followed me here but I just thought that you're just having your vacation here" Madelaine added.

"I really followed you here. I did everything that I could to find you" Vanessa said.

"Alright alright. Thank you for following me here" Madelaine said. The server gave them their order and walked away immediately. They took a sip of their teas and continued talking.

"But may I ask what's the matter with you? With us?" Madelaine asked and Vanessa froze a minute because she really doesn't want to make Madelaine worry because of her sickness.  But she thought that it will hurt more if she lied to her.

"Actually there is something I need to tell you" Vanessa said and leaned closer to Madelaine with her arms resting on the table.

"I knew it. What is it? Spill the beans" Madelaine said and did the same.

"Your mother-" Vanessa didn't finish the sentence because she saw Madelaine's mother coming in the tea shop, looking mad and walking towards them.

"Madelaine where have you been? I was looking all over for you and what is she doing here?" her mom immediately said and Vanessa just leaned back and looked down. Madelaine stood up.