THE FINALE

Throwbacks = Italics x

RECAP:

Vanessa was sitting at the chairs outside the operating room while patiently waiting for the result. Toni had dislocated and crushed bones caused by the impact of the car that hit her body so they needed to fix that. Vero went outside to buy some water and food for Vanessa.

Vanessa was just sitting while staring at the floor while playing the ring that was supposed to be her engagement ring for Madelaine, her eyes are puffy and her lips were so dry and pale. After 5 hours of operation, the doctor already came out of the operating room and Vanessa and Vero immediately stood up.

"How was the surgery doc?" Vanessa immediately said.

"Umm, can we talk in private?" the doctor said and Vero tapped Vanessa's shoulders and went away.

"What is it? Is everything okay with my daughter?" Vanessa asked.

"She lost so much blood because of the accident. We only have 3-4 hours to get her a blood bag or else, she might not make it" the doctor said and made Vanessa cry again.

"Don't you have blood bags prepared for that? Please i'm begging you to save my daughter" Vanessa said while crying.

"Well we have blood bags but it is not compatible to the blood type of the patient. We have blood bags that is compatible to her but is reserved for Ms. Madelaine Petsch. But we have ordered blood bags from red cross but it will take 24 hours to arrive" the doctor said.

"I- I'm confused, so you're saying that-" Vanessa couldn't finish the sentence because it was too painful to say.

"I'm so sorry ma'am for putting you into this situation but you have to choose between Ms. Madelaine or Ms. Toni. You have an hour to decide and after that, we will immediately give the blood bags to whoever you pick" the doctor said and that took Vanessa's breath away...

- -

VANESSA'S POV.

I am here, sitting inside the hospital chapel, praying for a miracle to happen. I only have 30 minutes left to decide and I still don't know where to start. I don't want to choose between them, I want both of them to survive. If only my blood type is compatible with them then I will volunteer as a donor even if it kills me but unfortunately, we have different blood types. I was just sitting here, crying until I felt someone sat beside me. I just ignored who that was and cried more. I don't care if they see me like this, ugly. All I care about is how can I save my two girls.

"Vanessa..."

Vero said, and wrapped her arms around my shoulders. I ignored it and cried more until I ran out of breath. Vero rubbed my back as I catch my breath.

"I came here as soon as I heard the news. I suggest that you pick Toni..." Vero said and I looked at her plainly.

"You're not fucking helping" I said and get back to crying.

"I know it's really hard to pick between them but I'm sure if Madelaine knows about this, she will force you to pick her daughter rather than picking her. That's what mothers do, putting their kid first before themselves" Vero said while rubbing my back.

"If Madelaine was gone, I don't know how am I supposed to keep going... She's my happiness you know? She's my inspiration and same as Toni. I couldn't live without them beside me. I can't-" I couldn't finish my sentence and just cried more.

"We don't have any choice but to do the right thing Van" Vero said and I cried. Vero placed my head on her shoulder and she rubs my shoulder.

"Stay strong Vanessa Fucking Morgan. They need you to be strong. They need you" Vero said.