Twenty Four

Italics = Flashbacks x

- -

VANESSA'S POV.

I was so shocked to see my daughter unconscious, laying down in a hospital bed covered with blood. OF ALL PEOPLE! My whole body went cold and it was already shaking when I saw Toni...

"Wh-what happened?" I asked and the nurse pushed me away and they continued walking.

"I said... What the fuck happened?!" I said and pushed that nurse back. I was so triggered to do that. The other nurses were shocked and tried to stop me from slapping that nurse that I pushed.

"Ma'am please calm down. We have to bring her to the emergency room right now or else, She will not be able to survive" the doctor said and I let them go, watching them bring my daughter inside. Watching them walk away...

My knees felt weak and I suddenly fell on the floor and then all of a sudden, I felt someone hugged me from behind... I turned my face around hoping that it was Madelaine hugging me but it's not...

"Hey, everything will be okay"

It was Vero, her shirt is covered with blood too. What the fuck?

"V-Vero... why are you covered with blood?" I asked her, my voice is literally shaking.

"After you went away at the parking lot, I saw Toni there, just laying down on the ground, covered in blood and unconscious. I immediately ran towards her, picked her up and tried to wake her up but she's not responding so I called an ambulance and then we got here" Vero said and I was so stupid to not notice her there. I was so focused on worrying about Madelaine, I didn't even find my daughter.

- -

"Hello babe" Vanessa said and gave Madelaine a peck.

"Hey..." Madelaine simply said. She's acting cold right now.

"How are you feeling? Are you okay?" Vanessa asked.

"I'm okay" Madelaine coldly said.

"I'm heading out to the bar right now because Vero invited me. We'll just have to talk and to catch up about things. I will drink responsibly, I promise" Vanessa said and held Madelaine's cheeks.

"Okay" Madelaine said.

"Is it really okay babe? Or do you wanna come with me?" Vanessa asked.

"I'm not allowed to go out here so, just go on without me" Madelaine said sarcastically.

"Okay. I'll be back shortly" Vanessa said and kissed Madelaine's forehead again.

Madelaine was just staring at Vanessa walking out of the room and after Vanessa closed the door, Madelaine began to cry. She stared at her daughter, sleeping soundly on the other bed, covered with sheets and she's hugging her doll. Madelaine wiped her tears away but she couldn't help it but cry more...

She just wanted to spend more time with her family but she couldn't because of her sickness. She wanted to go out so bad and play with her daughter and spend more time with Vanessa but she couldn't and then she found out about Vanessa and Vero because Lili told her which made her feel worst.

Madelaine stood up and walked towards the mirror. She removed her wig, revealing her bald head that is caused by the chemotherapy. She cried more while staring at herself in the mirror.

"Maybe, I'm not attractive in the eyes of Vanessa anymore that's why she came running back to Vero. Maybe this is the reason why she couldn't even spend her precious time with me because I look like a monster now" Madelaine whispered while looking at herself in the mirror.