Chapter Nineteen

*August 27th*
*Arabelle's POV*
*WARNING: violence*

I gasp as I shoot up, looking around me. I sigh as I realize I'm on the ground, still in the middle of nowhere.

All I remember was walking for hours in the hot, miserable weather before I passed out. I sigh as I realize I am covered in sweat and dirt. I look down to see that I am laying on the ground, makes sense.

The men ended up never finding me, I don't know where they are now, or what happened to that guy. I also don't know where Harry is or if he is even looking for me. At this point, I really just want to go home, but I wouldn't know how to get there. I don't even know where I am right now.

I slowly rise to my feet, dusting myself off to get the dirt off of me. Unfortunately, I'm still in the dress from the party. Which is very uncomfortable since I'm still drenched in sweat. I begin walking as I decide I should try to find any type of society. Theirs literally no people or cars anywhere around here.

My mouth is insanely dry and my skin feels awful. My hair is an absolute mess and not to mention my stomach is growling like crazy. I haven't eaten or drunken anything since the party, for obvious reasons.

I really hope I can find a town or a gas station, just somewhere so I can maybe call for help. At this point, I really have no idea what town I'm in or if I'm in a whole other state. It wouldn't surprise me if I was. They took me from Harry so they obviously wouldn't want to stay in the same place as him if he's 's looking for me, that is.

My mind wanders to my family as I continue walking, as it has been ever since the kidnapping. I really hope they're ok, and their not making themselves sick by worrying about me too much. I hope Brady is doing good in school, hopefully, he's made some friends. I also really hope that Sabrina is taking care of herself and staying out of trouble, even though I doubt she is. And my dad, I really hope he's doing good. Now that I'm gone he's going to have to balance Brady and working at the hospital, Lord knows that Sabrina isn't going to help any. He's always struggled with time management, seeing as how he's a surgeon and gets called in a lot. I wish my mom was still here, she would help him through this.

I wonder if I'm ever going to get back home. Harry will probably find me since it's obvious he took me for a reason. Plus there are more people after me, that was made clear. I really hope there aren't that many people after me, I'm getting tired of this whole kidnapping thing already.

I have now been walking for about an hour. Judging by how high the sun is right now and how it's beating down my back with every step I take, I'm assuming that it's around midday. My legs are cramping up and my feet are killing me. I look down to see that my heels are still on, making me groan in annoyance. I stop and take them off, carrying them instead. Who knows, someone could come after me and I could use them as a weapon.  I laugh at my foolish thinking, imagining myself attacking someone with my high heels.

I look up from my feet when I hear a bunch of noises. I look up to see a highway in the distance with a few cars passing. Excitement filled my veins as I began sprinting to the road. Rocks poked my feet as I ran but I couldn't care less. This could be my shot at freedom, to maybe go home and see my family again. As I got closer to the road I could see a cop car driving down the street, causing me to run faster. I smiled in relief as the cop slowed down, coming to a complete stop at the side of the road. I stopped running as I reached the car, panting and sweating.

A tall man got out of the car, looking alarmed and slightly worried. He had glasses on and when I looked at his uniform I saw that he was a sheriff. I tried to slow my breathing as he closed the door and approached me.

"Mam are you ok?" He asked alarmed, looking over my physical appearance.

"You have to help me!" I exclaimed, my voice coming out a little scratchy.

"Alright, mam I will just tell me what's wrong, and try to calm down." He put his hand on my shoulder, trying to calm me down. I nodded and took a deep breath, trying to get my breathing under control.

Once I was breathing correctly I turned to him. He raised his eyebrows, urging me to speak.

"My name is Arabelle Rodriguez I was taken from my home in Indiana." I choked out, starting to tear up.

"You're Arabelle Rodriguez? You've been all over the news!" He exclaimed, shock present on his face. "I'm going to get you home safe ok? Don't you worry? Now-" He was cut off as a gunshot sounded.

The man raised his eyebrows, his mouth opening slightly. I looked down to see he got shot in the stomach, blood pouring out of the wound. I screamed and jumped back, watching as the man fell to the ground. Tears fell from my eyes as I watched his lifeless body. I heard tires squeal behind me and turned around to see a car behind me.

My heart stopped as a man stepped out and I saw a head full of curly hair. He turned towards me and smiled cynically.

"Ahh. There you are, sweetheart."

------------------------------------------

Ahhh he found her.

I really hope you guys liked it please make sure to vote, comment and share.

Have a good night.