Chapter 9

I chose it there because it's hidden and Kurapika won't see it immediately. Who would have ever thought that I will become one of my bestfriend's enemy? My thoughts was interrupted when I felt the sharp needle prickling me and I flinched in surprise.

"Stay still." He demanded and I rolled my eyes.

Seriously, why is he mad at me? Aside from fighting him before, I haven't done anything for him to hate me.

I whimpered in pain from time to time, trying to stop my tears from falling. It really hurts so much but I can't show them that I am weak. I'm going to become one of the Spiders, whether I like it or not and I guess it's also good for me because I can make a contract with all of them.

Probably help Kurapika eliminate them as well!

My thoughts was interrupted when Feitan purposely prick the needle so hard that it made me flinch.

Damn this guy, I swear he's doing this to hurt me. I'll make him pay one day!

"There, done." The pain finally stopped and Feitan put the things away.

"You could at least be more gentle." I commented and he clicked his tongue.

"Tch. You deserve it." He stated and I rolled my eyes.

I carefully put my shirt down and when I took a step, I accidentally stepped on my shoe lace and stumbled forward due to my clumsiness. 

"Ah!" I screamed and I thought I was going to land on the hard concrete, but instead I landed on something not hard.

When I opened my eyes, I was met with a glaring grey orbs. My hair fell like a curtain around him and he seemed like he was in pain. Annoyance was clearly written all over his face.

"Tch. Get off me you brat!" He yelled and I planned on teasing him.

"Nah, I kinda like it here." I smirked at him and his aura grew.

Although I wasn't intimidated because I was told that they can't kill someone who's part of the Phantom Troupe, can they?

"Me swear me will kill you!" He threatened and I bursted out laughing.

"Nice grammar!" I snorted and he glared even more.

With one swift movement, he swapped place with me. So now he's on top of me and it seems like he's ready to kill me anytime. 

"You will pay." He sharpened his nails and put them up, ready to charge anytime.

"Y/n! Feitan!" I was saved by Shalnark when he came inside the room. "What the-" 

He was shocked by what he saw and Feitan glared at him, as if it looks like he ruined his plan. I looked at our position and I just realised that it was an awkward position.

"S-Shalnark! It's not what it looks like!" I exclaimed while using all of my strength to push Feitan off me.

When I successfully got him off, I immediately stood up and dusted myself then walked towards Shalnark.

"I'm gonna pretend I didn't see anything." He commented and I puffed my cheek.

"Your emo friend over there has a big problem towards me. I think he really hate my guts and I think he wants to kill me." I told him the truth and Feitan scoff.

"Me really wants to kill you." He stated and I gave him a straight face.

"See? I'm not safe around him." I complained and Shalnark started laughing, making me confuse of why he was laughing. "What's so funny?"

"You two are funny, you look like a couple who's arguing on small stuff." Shalnark pointed out and I punched him.

"We are not couples!" I shouted and he tried defending himself. "I will never date anyone like him even if he's the last guy on Earth!"

"Feelings mutual." Feitan boringly said while rolling his eyes.

"Feelings mutual alright! You put this on your head emo guy, I will never ever ever EVER fall in love with someone like you! Always remember that!" And with that, I walked away.

"Same goes to you." I heard him say before I was out of the room.

"Hey! Y/n wait!" Shalnark called out and he ran after me. "Tell me, why do you guys hate each other so much when you haven't even met one another?"

I scoff at what he said, I guess Feitan hasn't told him what happened when we first met each other.

"Actually before I met you, I already encountered him by the lake. He was sleeping under the tree and I just wanted to see his full face so I tried taking his scarf off, but then he woke up and tried killing me." I explained and it looked like he finally understood the situation.

"Now I get it, no wonder why he hates you so much. He doesn't like anyone touching his scarf." He said.

Okay, now I know why he hates me too. I guess our first impression was a bad one.

"But he's really nice once you get to know him." He added and I chuckled.

"Him? Nice? I doubt it."
-----

"I agree for you to summon me anytime you want." Chrollo made a contract with me and I was so happy because the list on the people that I can summon is increasing.

"Thank you so much!" I happily said and he smiled.

"So are you ready to meet the others now?" He asked and I nodded.