Chapter 12

Can't be Chrollo as well because I don't want to show him that I couldn't do my first mission on my own. Plus he's the boss of the troupe so he might be busy at this moment.

It has to be him!

"I summon you by my side, Shalnark the Toy Addict!" And Shalnark appeared beside me with a ramen on his hands and a noodle on his mouth.

His eyes widen as he saw me naked and his usual cheery face was changed into an angry one. He charged towards Dickson and kicked him off me while getting out an antennae then prickling it behind Dickson's back.

"Disgusting!" He spat while putting out what it seems like a toy.

He then walked towards me and gave me his top. I couldn't stop myself from crying so I went up and hugged him without any warning. He flinched at my sudden move but soon relaxed and he gently stroke my back.

At that moment, Feitan finally broke the door and he was shock to see me with Shalnark. Dickson was still frozen in his spot so Feitan quickly beheaded him.

"Hey, he was my toy! I was going to make him suffer for doing this to Y/n!" Shalnark angrily said and I wasn't use seeing this side of him.

"Tch. He deserved it." Feitan stated and I couldn't believe what happened next.

Shalnark went to him and punched him on the face.

"I don't care whether he deserves it or not but Y/n does not deserve to get played by that guy! You were suppose to protect her! If she didn't summon me here, what will happen then!" Shalnark was so furious that it made me more cry.

"I'm sorry..." I muttered while bowing down my head and letting my bangs cover my face. "I'm sorry if I'm still weak, I couldn't move. My body wouldn't let me! My mind knows what he's doing but my body won't respond to what I want to do! I'm really sorry if I couldn't fight back!"

And there I was again, crying. Moments later I felt an arms wrapped around me. I look up and saw Shalnark with a gentle smile on his face.

"Come on, let's go home. I will tell Chrollo to put you in my team." He suggested and I nodded.

We walked past Feitan, who was observing us closely and he click his tongue before leaving. We were now in a shop, getting some foods because my stomach complaint while we were walking back to the basement.

Shalnark said he was going to treat me at the dairy so he instructed that I wait outside while he quickly buys the food. Feitan was already gone, I couldn't care less about him anyway. As I was waiting outside, I looked up and observed the starry sky.

The voice of Feitan rang in my mind when I was under Dickson's control. "Me coming brat, hold on. Me will save you." I mean, it's not his fault if he came late. He had to fight lots of people to get to me and I couldn't summon him because he hasn't make a contract with me yet. 

Although he did save me by breaking Dickson's spell. Even though I was paralysed, as long as I can speak then I can summon anyone anytime. I was so deep in my thought that I didn't see a man sneaked behind me.

"Don't move, if you don't want your friend to die then you better come with me I promise you that I will give him a painful death if you don't come with me. Don't even bother summoning anyone, we have you outnumbered. I'm not the only one here, there are others here who are ready to kill your friends." The man threatened and I saw more men hiding inside the forest.

He pushed me forward and I had no choice but to follow them. He lead me inside the forest where he reunited with five more men. They were all wearing a black mask and they all seemed strong. The man who threatened me was right, even if I was to summon someone they have us outnumbered.

I can only summon two more people and judging by the look of them, they seem pretty strong. I don't want to put my friend's life in danger. Yes I've only known them for a short while but I have a feeling that I will be spending more time with them in the future.

Normal POV

When Shalnark came out of the store, you were gone. He tried looking for you but there was no trace of you. What you didn't know was Feitan didn't leave, he was just watching you at a distant. He didn't have anywhere to go that time so he decided to observe you.

You didn't know but he was guilty that he couldn't save you in time and Shalnark had to save you but right now he was going to make sure that he will save you. He continued following you deeper in the forest and was waiting for the right time to strike.

When the five men decided to camp, four of them left to be a lookout and the leader stayed with you. He was too busy creating a campfire and when you look up, you saw Feitan and you were relieved to see him.