twenty-four..

The next weekend, Armani made a spur of the moment decision to go home

The next weekend, Armani made a spur of the moment decision to go home. He also made a spur of the moment decision and took Nayeli with him.

"Babe, my hands are still shaking," she spoke as they boarded the plane.

"It's gonna be okay, mi amor. I just want them to meet you, no pressure. My little sisters are already excited you're coming, so that's two in the bag already," he tried to calm her down. He knew her anxiety could get pretty bad, but he also knew his family was harmless.

"They're excited? Really?" she looked up at him.

"They're very excited, mamas. It'll be fine, he kissed the side of her head. Once they made it to their seats, she made herself comfortable on his shoulder. "Oh and baby, I uh...I'm gonna talk to them about basketball," he spoke.

"Seriously?! I'm so proud of you! Aww baby," she pouted, head shooting up off his shoulder.

"Yeah, I mean it's time. They either gone support me or they not, either way my scholarship is secure, so all I'd need to do is pick up working this summer to get me some money," he shrugged. After talking to his advisor, he learned that his scholarship was actually academic, his grades in high school and his test scores were the reason for his full ride, he just committed to basketball early.

So he made the decision after state championships this season, he'd retire. He talked to Duck and he'd been waiting for his friend to tell him that. He also talked to his coach and although he'd be missed, he respected the decision.

"I am so proud of you, Armani. I know it was a hard but I'm glad you're doing what makes you happy," she grinned, lacing their fingers together.

"Thank you, mamas. I appreciate your support," he kissed her forehead. It meant more than she understood. The feeling of unconditional support from someone is one that he felt he never got, but he knew with her, she'd be happy as long as he was happy.

"It's so nice here, very quiet," Nai nodded

"It's so nice here, very quiet," Nai nodded. They were in an uber back to his parents house from the airport. He was kind of leaning toward getting a hotel, but he didn't wanna blow unnecessary money if he had a bed at home. Now the problem lied in the fact that his mother would probably not let him sleep with Nayeli and he was already irritated about it.