nine...

"Hey TT! Sorry I'm late, I just got off," Nai sighed, sliding in the seat in her God mother's office

"Hey TT! Sorry I'm late, I just got off," Nai sighed, sliding in the seat in her God mother's office. Life for Nai had become much faster paced, and came with longer days as she had acclimated to her caseload. She had two clients currently, and she was with her youngest client until 6.

"That's okay, pooh, we're all busy, especially you ms. Social worker," Rayne smiled, proud of her God child, just as everyone else was. Seeing Nayeli grow up and become successful was a beautiful sight to see. "Are we waiting for hubby?" she asked, starting up her computer.

"No ma'am," she shook her head with a slight sigh, before fixing up her face. "He's trusting me and you to make the big decisions, all he's asking for is a nicely decorated kitchen," she smiled, masking her disappointment.

"I can definitely get that done for him," Ray laughed a bit, not missing Nayeli's initial reaction. "Well let's get started then," she spoke and Nai nodded, pulling her phone out to show her some inspiration pictures.

"What are we looking for? Like the overall feel of the house? I know you're very anal about clutter and space, so I'm thinking more clean cut?" she asked, looking through Nai's pictures. They had a meeting before this one, but Rayne was ready to get to shopping and needed more specifics.

"Yeah," she laughed. As she got older, she started hating having too many things in one room, it made her feel claustrophobic and cramped. Even in her apartment in Louisiana when she was a senior she started changing her room around after a while.

"I already have so many ideas. What color are your fixtures?"

"They're gold. Daddy was gonna do black, he clearly forgot who is daughter is," she playfully rolled her eyes, making Ray laugh.  "We also were thinking black and grey for the living room, dining area? I know that's kind of basic—"

"No ma'am, gold fixtures and some black and grey would actually go perfect, and I don't let anything look basic, you know this, ma'am,"

"You right," Nai nodded. "So, me and Mani wanted like forest green in the bedroom. Well he does. I don't really care as long as my bathroom looks good, and the green isn't like throw up," she scrunched her nose up, and Ray typed some more things into her computer.