Partnership

Your phone buzzed beside you, scaring Abel. He was fast asleep between you and Kid but the sudden vibrations spooked him and sent him flying out of bed. Kid let out a grunt of pain that turned into a downright pitiful whine. The pup had stepped on his groin as he fled.

"That better be one very important message or I'm going to kill whoever just texted you." He said, face contorted into a snarl from the pain. It didn't matter how big and bad a man was, one good hit to the package and they all go down.

"Lemme check." You smirked and glanced at your phone. "It's Shanks."

You sat up and grinned widely at Kid. He was curled in on himself a bit still but he was able to reach for your phone and snatch it out of your hands. It'd been a couple days since you messaged him, asking about a meeting. You kept it vague, knowing he'd prefer that in case of prying eyes. Usually he was quick to get back to people, he was whenever it came to Luffy at least. So you were pretty sure he took longer to think over the proposition.

"Looks like we're meeting up with him later today." Kid rumbled. He was somewhere between excited for things to be moving forward and still recovering from Abel.

"When and where?" You asked as he sent a text back to Shanks.

"Well have to wait and see." He handed back the phone and slowly sat up.

"You're really nursing that, aren't you?" You cooed and hugged your chest to his back, arms wrapped around his neck.

"Maybe you should kiss it better." He snickered.

"Hmmmm, maybe not."

You pushed him back in the bed and scrambled out of reach as he made a swipe for you. It was a good thing you went to bed dressed. It was your usual, large tee-shirt with a pair of shorts, but it was enough to let you run around the house without risking someone seeing you naked.

"Get back here!" Kid ran after you as you went through the living room.

Unfortunately he wasn't dressed. So when you got outside, giggling the whole time, he stopped before reaching the doorway.

"You're a damn brat!" He yelled after you playfully.

Killer stood in the doorway of his half of the duplex, fighting to get a brush through his hair.

"Sorry, gotta hide." You ducked under him into his place.

He let out a sigh, unwilling to get between your's and Kid's antics but still wishing you'd keep out of his place. This wasn't the first time you two had goofed off like this.

"Why can't you guys act your age?" Killer stepped back inside right as you were wiggling your way between the back of his couch and the wall. You were just small enough to fit back there.

"Cause this is more fun. I think you need a girlfriend Killer."

"Even if I did you guys would scare her away."

"Nonsense." You giggled from your hiding spot. It probably looked like Killer was talking to his furniture.

He sat down in the couch and went back to trying to tame his thick hair as the front door slammed open and Kid waltzed in.

"I'll pay you fifty to rat short stack out." He padded around the home on bare feet, searching for you. You caught glimpses of him in only a pair of jeans with a wild grin on his face as he passed your hiding spot a couple of times.

"I don't snitch." Killer said and you almost laughed. Maybe he liked taking part in your silly games more than you thought.

Kid snorted and wandered further into the home. When you were sure he was out of the room, you whispered to Killer.