𝟎𝟎𝟐. 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐞.

"040?" Jisung called out. People were looking at him weird, but he didn't- or rather couldn't- care to notice. 040 had completely disappeared from his line of sight. Where was she? He thought. He was unaware that the girl he was looking for was already more than a mile away running alongside a deviant. Jisung was unsure of what to do, she hadn't given him any orders so what is there for him to do? Was he allowed to look for her? He must be, he thought, he was supposed to protect her. And so Jisung set off quickly walking around hoping for a glance of the short girl.

"Lee Felix what the fuck?" was the first thing to slip out of 040's mouth once she got a good look at the guy who was dragging her along by the arm. He had a hood up and his freckles showed prominently through the streets of the city. "Be quiet, little birdie." he said as he pulled her along quicker. The duo passes many androids and humans alike while they ran and many gave them distasteful looks. Felix giggled at one of the looks and 040 rolled her eyes. Once Felix deemed them safe he slowed to a walk and 040 finally recognized the route they were taking. "We're heading to Jericho, North requested your presence." Felix smiles down at the girl as he slings an arm across her shoulders. "Why?" she asks. He shrugs pulling her closer into his side. "Who was the guy?" He asks. "Jisung, he's part of the NCT dream line of Lee Soo-Man's androids. He's my guard."
"So you got a babysitter?" the way his voice raises slightly at the end reminds her of Mark, for some reason, and she smiles unexpectedly.
"Has anyone caught on?" The usual question hangs in the air for a few seconds before she replies, "Chenle. Jungwoo came by last night and Chenle saw... I asked him to keep it a secret." Felix stops walking abruptly even though Jericho is within eye sight. "Chenle? Their son?" He lets out a low whistle and drops his arm as he starts walking again. The two enter the almost deserted looking Jericho as Felix hands her off the Josh. The older boy shakes his head sadly as he watches her retreating figure. He knew what she did was dangerous, but how could he stop her? With love? No, she's never stop because of a confession. He didn't even know what love was... but he thought he loved her.

"Ah our birdie." Simon says when the girl appears in the doorway. She waves a little and looks to North in confusion. "We want you to stay here, with us." She says. "Wh- what?" Birdie looks slightly appalled. "We need someone strong, someone who can fight for us."
"No, I can't do that right now." Birdie shakes her head as she starts to back out of the room.
"Why not?"
"I have a guard now." Simon nods at the girls words before getting to the real reason they summoned her here.
"We heard of the dinner your Bosses are hosting tonight, and we want you to create an uproar with I.N."
"what? why?" The girl tilts her head at the man.
"Because some of them are close to what the humans are calling 'deviancy' if you give them that push and an opportunity maybe they'd turn."
"I'll do it, if I can. But the only way into the gathering for him would be as a guest." Birdie looks around before continuing, "I'll see what I can do. The signal will be a green haired boy standing outside of these walls. If he doesn't show up don't go."

Jisung has followed the brief scent of 040 as far as he could before giving up. He'd lost her somehow, what would he tell his masters? He was wondering around the outskirts of town when he saw a massive ship. He tilted his head at the seemingly abandoned vessel and shook his head. Humans are weird, he thought. and then he left to go back to the city.

authors note !
this is a shorter than the other ones because idk i have a lot of ideas but i can't make jisung that human yet, but like... he's gonna have a pretty early awakening compared to others