𝟎𝟏𝟒. 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐧.

software instability ^

"Jisung, we have to go." 040 said, offering her hand out to him. She had ran to him immediately when Chenle had warned her that Mrs. Zhong knew. She knew that Birdie lived in her own home.
"What? Why?"
"Just- Trust me. For once, please?" She begged. Her eyes were pleading so he gave in.
"Alright, where to?" But she was already pulling him along and out the front door. Mrs. Zhong was screaming for someone to go after them, but Birdie barely heard any of it, instead focusing on keeping Jisung's hand with hers and heading towards the bus stop. Jeno, Jaemin, and Ten were hot on the trail running quickly to catch up with the two deviants that were escaping. The bus stop was just in view and Jisung was now pulling Birdie along with him, he knew what would happen if they didn't get away.

Renjun watched in horror as his sister ran out of the house away from the people chasing her. "Don't just stand there, do something!" Mrs. Zhong shouted at him, and then he was on his feet. When he got to the bus stop it was just Ten standing there. Birdie was gone, and she took three others with her.

software instability ^

"We- we're gonna die." Jaemin said, suddenly panicking as he thought about the consequences.
"There's somewhere you could go. Just trust me." Birdie replied, calm even though she was out of breath and felt like she was suffocating.
"Where?" Jeno asked, hoping that this was where she'd sent the others. Birdie looked up at Jisung hesitantly and he nodded, understanding her request.
Felix, meet us at the train station near the center of Detroit, we have people for you.
"So, how are you two?" Birdie asked, hoping to avoid attention. Jaemin nodded, smiling at her brightly. "We're great."

Felix heard a familiar voice tell him that Birdie had androids for Jericho. He had recognized Jisung as the voice and felt a somewhat burning hatred for the boy.
Yeah, I'll meet you there.
And he was off.

"Felix." Birdie was relieved to see him there.
"Take these two. Jaemin, Jeno, you'll meet Taeyong and the others when you get there. Stay safe, okay?" She lightly grabbed Jeno's arms like a mother would before letting go and smiling. "You aren't coming with us?" Felix tilted his head to the side.
"No, I have to- um, meet someone soon. I'll see you later." Birdie clutched Jisung's arm leading the two out of the train station.
"Where are we going?" He asked.
"I don't know. Away from here for now."

The two had been walking around for hours, talking and spending time together. Jisung felt real. He felt like he could actually die, and that scared him. "What happened? Back at the house?" Birdie blinked, not expecting that from him. He had been silent for over an hour and she had drifted off into her own little world.
"Mrs. Zhong found out. I couldn't stay... she would've killed me."
"No, when you pulled me out with you. Why did you do that? And why do I feel so strange?" Birdie nodded in understanding.
"Because... I did it because I care about you. I wanted you to come with me... I don't know why you feel strange. Maybe you're becoming a deviant."
"Deviant? That's bad, isn't it?" He stopped walking.
"No, it's good... you just want to believe it's bad because that's what you've been told. Deviating is good for you, Jisung. It means you're real."
Real? He thought, I'm not real.
"But-"
"No buts. We have to find a place to stay the night." And she started walking away. He jogged towards her still confused, she confused him constantly.

authors note !
if you didn't ship Birdsung before, you will soon.