𝟎𝟑𝟔. 𝐬𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐛.

They were surrounded, caged by the soldiers around them. Markus was at the front of the group staring at the soldiers. She didn't know where Chan and the others went, they had disappeared a short time ago. It was probably for the best, she thought, at least then they wouldn't be losing anyone else. She didn't know how they had gotten out, but she was glad they did. "Jisung." She whispered softly to the scared android next to her. It was cold outside, freezing perhaps, but she felt warm. "Yeah?" He responded looking down at her lovingly. It could be their last conversation, he thought. He wanted her to be the last thing he would ever see. "Sing for them, even if you aren't an android." Markus pushes her slightly forward and she cleared her throat, looking at him skeptically. North nodded slightly and she faced the soldiers in front of her, the soldiers who were human. Just like her. Alive, just like the androids in the Recall center.

"Never mind the darkness,
never mind the storm,
never mind the blood red moon.
The night will be over soon.
The night will be over soon."

By the end even Markus had teared up slightly. Her voice rang out clear and full of emotion in the quiet place. Jisung had come up next to her and entwined their hands together with his eyes closed. If they were going to die, this was the perfect last thing to hear.

"Brush away the sorrow,
brush away the tears,
sing away your heavy heart.
The night will be over soon.
The night will be over soon."

From miles away in his apartment Taeil was heading Birdie's song through his TV. Her voice was clear in the quiet apartment and Rosie's ears perked up. "Do you think she'd teach me how to sing like that after this is over?" Her head tilted slightly and she brought Taeil out of his thoughts. "Maybe."

"For every night goes quiet,
and every moon grows blue.
Beyond the dark comes something new.
The sun will be rising soon.
soon."

The last note rang out and Markus finally kissed North. Birdie held Jisung's hand tighter in her own and glanced briefly at Chenle. The small group stood there while the soldiers lowered their weapons gradually.

"Tell them to stand down."

authors note !
1. the song is "Don't be afraid" by telltale/skybound. It's from the walking dead game. if you just look up "the night will be over soon" on youtube it should be one of the first videos, but if you're lazy here:

2. the lil line at the end of the chapter is President Warren (no politics, that's the President in the game.) telling the soldiers to stand down.

3. the reason i still had the Markus/North kiss is bc i couldn't really add too much to the already canon game, yk? plus i wanted to stay true to my play through.

4. i just really like jisung lol