𝟎𝟏𝟓. 𝐚𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐮𝐦.

"Stay here. I'll come and get you when I'm done." Birdie said, leaving Jisung in the shark room. He looked around curiously, he had accepted his deviancy long ago and now he just wanted to know more about his emotions. He walked around the aquarium aimlessly when a voice invaded his head.
Jisung?
He blinked, looking around, only to be met with Chenle's piercing stare. He was alone, Mrs. Zhong not in sight.
Chenle.
He thought back. Chenle approached him cautiously, seemingly looking for someone. Probably Birdie.
"Hello." Chenle said.
"Hi." Jisung replied coldly.
"Where's-"
"Here. Somewhere." Jisung cut him off.
"Oh... what are you doing here?"
"Waiting for her so we can leave."
Chenle nodded gesturing for Jisung to follow. "Let me show you around, my father owns this place." Jisung relented, following behind Chenle cautiously. The two conversed in their head while Chenle showed him all the animals. They had been wondering around peacefully for hours when Birdie showed up again.
"Wha-" Chenle started before Jisung cut him off, "Shut up." Birdie awkwardly shifted on her feet reaching out for Jisung's hand. "Hi, Chenle." She said.
"How have you been?" He asked.
"As good as I can be." Her fingers closed around Jisung's hand and Chenle felt a small twinge on jealousy. "Good. Listen I wanted to-" An alarm went off, drowning out whatever he was saying.
"Oh, that's the shark alarm..." Chenle awkwardly laughed looking between the two.
"Chenle!" A familiar voice screeched.
"Oh no... we have to go, bye." Birdie pulled Jisung along swiftly before the two spilled out onto the rapidly chilling streets. Jisung never questioned anything anymore. He always obeyed whatever she wanted, and this often made her feel bad. Why couldn't he just deviate already? She wondered. Jisung often found himself wondering and waiting for her to tell him what to do. He had a built in sense of loyalty to her and to her only.

The two had walked around the city, waiting for an empty bus to take them as close to Jericho as possible. Birdie knew she'd have to leave Jisung somewhere so Mrs. Zhong couldn't track her to Jericho. Markus had already started some peaceful protests in favour of android equality and freedom. She visited Jericho at least once a week to see her friends, but other than that she was alone with Jisung most of the time. He was strange, and not in a bad way. He seemed to zone out completely and then go back to being an android... he also started referring to himself as an 'it'. Deviating was hard for him, and Birdie was noticing how he was slowly distancing himself from her. She sighed, making him look at her.
"You're just like Renjun."

authors note !
idk why but i like ending my chapters on dialogue for some reason... this is kinda a filler chapter but the next will be better. and uh this is a complete MESS but i'll likely rewrite it at some point...