𝟎𝟎𝟓. 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠.

The two teenagers were sat on a bench in the public park. The younger of the two, a girl, was rested against the older boy. His eyes shifted around and followed everyone that walked by. He had a protective arm wrapped around the girl and his jacket was covering the both of them. She was sound asleep with her head resting on his side, breaths far from relaxed. The boy looked down at her with soft eyes as his LED flickered yellow for just a few seconds. It was raining lightly outside and he had covered her in as much warmth as he could, she was a human after all. He wondered what it was like to be a human, to be alive. It must be more interesting than being an android, he thought. He also wondered when his next Master or Mistress would come around. He couldn't stay on the streets forever, could he?

Chenle listened by the door as he heard his mother talking to the two teenagers she had picked up off the streets. "Shall we shake on it?" He heard after a long period of silence. He heard the girl sniffling before the door lightly cracked open. he knew he shouldn't have, but he peaked through the crack. He saw the older of the two hooked up to a machine with tears running down his face. Both boys LED's unintentionally flickered red before the older passed out. Chenle's eyes widened as the young girl covered her mouth with her hand and dropped to her knees. Chenle was frozen, was it in shock or fear? He didn't know. He only knew that in the back of his mind for the first time he felt something. His heart was pounding as he watched the other android's LED light blue in circles before he lifted his head.
"I am model NCT3732600." Mrs. Zhong smirked.
"040, give him a name."
"R-Renjun." her voice was quiet and shaky and 'Renjun' repeated his name.
"You will formally go by '002' and not Renjun. Remember your manners. 953 will show you around and give you your first assignment tomorrow. You will remain in this room tonight." The woman ordered.
"Yes ma'am." The boy nodded his head curtly before standing without seeing.
"You wretched girl, what are we going to do with you?" Mrs. Zhong hissed.
040 looked downward straightening her posture and clasping her hands in front of her.
"We'll see tomorrow. But for now I'll send you to the unused maids quarters." Chenle moved quickly away from the door and back to the living room as he heard his mother guide the girl towards the maids quarters.

Doyoung had watched a girl and boy be practically dragged in by Mrs. Zhong as they went into her office. He could tell that the two had likely been living on the streets for a while by their pretty ragged appearance and the dark circles under the girls eyes. He felt vague sympathy for them before heading off to bed.

Everyone in that house was capable of feeling something, but did they really want to?

authors note !
inspired by bea miller's feel something lol. this whole chapter is basically one BIG flashback so yeah :))