𝟎𝟏𝟏. 𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐰𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧.

"No!" Mrs. Zhong shrieked as 9610 told her the news. Just the night before all four of the 99's left, and they weren't coming back. 9610 silently smiled for Lucas and the others. That was four more of them gone... safe. "You! Gather up the others and go out to search for them. And if you find them... show no mercy."

software instability ^

"Come on guys, we- we have to find the others." Ten said, gathering five others. The six then spilled out onto the streets and into the afternoon sunlight.

software instability ^

"Little brat!" A loud smack sound echoed in the dining room as Chenle fell to the floor from the impact. You could've heard a pin drop.

software instability ^

"We made it." Mark smiled at the three other boys. "We're free."

software instability ^

"Thank you, Birdie." Simon said that afternoon. He smiled lightly at the girl, the human. "They'll be here late into the night. treat them well." She said before heading back towards the house.

software instability ^

Jisung has been weird the past few weeks, and it had all started when the four 99's escaped. He had felt... well, he felt. Deep in his mind he felt, and it was like a breath of fresh air for the first time. Like waking up after a long nap, but the feeling didn't last long. All to soon the air was sucked out of his lungs and he no longer felt a need to feel. He did, however, occasionally get the feeling back more notably when he saw Chenle get smacked by his mother.
"Jisung." 040 called out one morning when she was ready and he still hadn't moved from his sitting position. The android didn't respond and she lightly shook his shoulder. "Jisung." She said a little louder. The android shook himself awake smiling that usual fake smile. "Are you ready?" He asked in a slightly robotic voice.
"Yes. let's go." She responded quietly. 040 walked out of her room and into the dining room to serve the morning breakfast. This morning, Mrs. Zhong was at the table with Chenle. He didn't have a red mark, but she knew he'd been hit. 040 served eggs, bacon, and french toast just how Mrs. Zhong liked it and the older woman smiled maliciously towards the girl.
"If I need anything I'll call you. Otherwise stay put." 040 stood dutifully by the door with her hands clasped in front of her. Mrs. Zhong made small talk with Chenle before calling 040 back to clear their plates.
"I'll be back at 5 and dinner better be on the table when I am." 040 nodded as Johnny and Jaehyun went to accompany Mrs. Zhong.

The second the woman was out the door 040 clung tight onto Chenle, embracing him in a warm hug.
"Are you okay? Do you feel alright?" She asked, fixing the collar of his shirt and looking at him worriedly.
"I'm fine, love. Seriously, remember I don't feel pain." Her heart flutters at the affectionate nickname.
"I- I know... I just worry about you." 040's voice is soft and small as she buries her face in his chest, gently rubbing his back.
"You don't need to. Now go do your work, I'll see you around." He gives her a soft smile before letting go.

Jisung felt hot. And not in the sense that he was attractive. When he saw Chenle hugging 040 he felt short of breath all over again, and it bothered him. Why does he care? He followed her around as she went about the few daily tasks she had. It had been a couple weeks since he last cleared his mind to straighten out what he did feel. What was this new emotion? And why did he feel so much hatred for Chenle?

authors note !
two heavily requested chapters coming up next 😳😳😳 ngl though i'm getting really attached to Chen4 lmao anyways, what should the ship names be? you have three people to choose from, unless you actually like Birdie better with someone else?