𝟎𝟐𝟗. 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐦𝐛𝐬.

November 9th, 9:33pm. Birdie woke up panicked, she could feel something wrong. "Chenle." She shook his shoulder gently. "Chenle." She said a little louder. "What?" He asked, coming back from his thoughts. "I need you to go into Woodward church and wait for me there, okay?" He hesitated slightly. "Why?" He asked. "Because I have a really bad feeling and that's the closest place you could hide. You don't have to, I won't force you." He promised to protect her, he didn't want to go back on that now. "Alright... I guess so." He agreed. She smiled at him and let him leave on his own, and that's when people started yelling.

"Where's Jeongin?!" "Last I saw he was playing Uno with Jae, Brian and another guy." Everyone was running away when Birdie ran into North.
"North! What's going on?" She asked panicked. "They're attacking us, go now!" She said, ushering the younger away. Birdie left in search of Jisung quickly. "Birdie, what are you doing still here?" Chan stopped the girl in her tracks. "Jisung, I have to know he's alright!" She yelled running in the opposite direction. Gunfire was everywhere around her and yet she wasn't scared at all. All around was screaming and yet she still managed to spot him in the crowd.

"Why are you still here?" Jisung berated when Birdie finally caught up to him.
"Because of you, I was so worried." She took his hand and started running towards an exit on the second floor. "You're a human, you'll never make it through the freezing water." He tried pulling her back downstairs, but she shook her head. She was a human, they wouldn't kill her but they would kill him. "Jisung you'll die-" "I don't care! Don't you fucking get it? I love you!" he yelled. People around them stopped moving briefly to look at the two. Birdie blinked a couple times before shaking her head. "You have to live. No matter the cost, you mean too much to me." She dragged him along even more determined for him to live than before.

"What are you still doing here? Markus set off the bombs!" Josh said when he saw the two teenagers coming towards them. "We were cornered and we couldn't do anything, listen I won't live the freezing waters but they might spare me because I'm human. Make sure Jisung makes it. You have to do that for me." She shoved Jisung towards the two older men and then disappeared around the corner.

Birdie had no idea where to go, she was just saving as many as she could without being caught in the gunfire herself. While on her way to the main floor she ran into Markus himself, "What are you still doing here? You'll never make it to the lower floors."
"I know. Keep my friends safe, yeah?"

The six androids jumped out of the ship and into the water. Jisung was awfully concerned that he wouldn't ever see Birdie again. He knew she was lying when she said they'd spare her because she was a human, he knew deep down he'd probably never see her again.

"Birdie." Taeil hissed when he saw the girl on the second floor of the rapidly deteriorating ship. She had been sitting out in the open in a room just staring at the door waiting to be shot. "What?" She asked, bored. "Rosie, did she make it? Do you know?" He quietly asked. "No, she's camped at the church, but she's safe. I made Markus promise the other day." His eyes shifted around slightly as he heard the words "Retreat!" loudly from an older military official. "I'll cover for you, just follow my lead. You have to take me to her though, understand?" She nodded getting up from the floor. She was covered in thirium and looked like garbage.

By the time the two had made it out the back escape of Jericho it was about to blow. "Come on, it's not far just follow me." She started walking off towards the church and he followed quickly behind.
"I hope everyone made it." She whispered, squeezing her eyes shut. She had seen seven of Stray Kids leave, but didn't catch Seungmin or Changbin anywhere. They weren't among the dead she'd seen, but they also might not have made it out. She worried quietly for them so she wouldn't alarm Taeil.

If you knew something would destroy you, why would you do it?

authors note !
ngl i actually like the way this chapter is, though the flow isn't that good. it's just a weird chapter, i guess.