𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬.

"He- he won't remember anything, you're aware of that right?" Hyunjin asked skeptically. Birdie nodded, sighing slightly. "I know. But it's your call, they said the damage is repairable." Birdie replied. Chan had been contemplating the process for an hour, but left it up to the others to decide. "We should do it, right? If there's even a chance that- that he could get his memories back we should do it." Jeongin said. The others nodded in agreement.

"Felix..." Chan mumbled after they got him back from the shop. Turns out, after a deviant becomes a deviant if you get said deviant repaired they keep their deviancy. Felix was much of the same, but with amnesia. "Who are you?" He had asked when he saw Chan. The older had stayed strong, but tears had brimmed his eyes. "Let's- Let's go home." Seungmin had said. "I- I need some time."

Birdie had locked herself in her room for the past four days and Renjun was worried. Taeil and Rosie were away on a date and had instructed him to somehow get her to eat. "Birdie, I made you some food." He said. "Go away." He sighed, "What are you even doing in there? Have you drank any water?" He heard some brief shuffling before the door cracked open and a perfectly in tact Birdie came out. "How are you-"
"I actually am hungry, I'll explain while we eat."

"So, you're writing a book and have been sneaking out at night to shower and eat?" Renjun was flabbergasted. "Exactly. I feel extra inspired at night." She was weird, and she knew it. "Okay well Chan stopped by to say that Felix remembers some things, but that he thought it would be nice if Felix saw you."
"Then I'll go and see him. Oh, and whenever they get back tell Yuta and Winwin that I can hear them through the wall."

She hummed all the way to Stray Kids dorm. She felt incredibly relieved that he was beginning to remember anything from before the repair. From what Renjun had told her he knew about the war and he knew about rescuing Yoongi and Jihoon. The between seemed iffy, so Stray Kids wanted her to take him places of importance. She arrived in under an hour and knocked loudly on their door. "Who the fuck- oh, its you." Minho answered the door. "Yeah, it's me." She awkwardly laughed. "Cool, I'm guessing you're here for Felix?" She nodded. "Felix!" He shouted down the hallway to the younger. "What?!" Felix shouted back. "Someone's here for you!" "Really?!" "Yeah!" Felix appeared from the hallway in a hoodie and sweatpants, very similar attire to what she was wearing. When he saw her, a small bit of recognition passed his face. "Who is she?" He asked. "Birdie, she's here to help you get your memories back."

She knew exactly where to take him to jog his memory. When Jericho blew up, somehow the building where Felix kissed her stayed in tact. She decided to take the route that he always took her on and he seemed to know what he was doing. "What was I to you before I lost my memory?" He asked. "We were best friends." She responded, pulling him along by the wrist. "Are you sure? We weren't anything more?" He tilted his head at her. "No, we weren't." She said quietly. But he wished she'd said yes.

"What is this place?" He was in awe of the wrecked ship before him. His eyes sparkled in the lighting and he looked around curiously of the snow covered place. "Something important happened here between us..." She said, clearing a patch of snow and sitting down criss cross. "What do you mean?" He copied her actions and sat across from her. "I know I told you that we were best friends, but you wanted to be more." He tilted his head to the side, confused. "More...?" "You loved me." She responded bluntly. "And- did you love me back?" He asked. His breath hitches lightly as the memories came flooding back. It worked, he remembered. "Yes."

Felix had never felt more confused in his life. He was certain that her and Jisung would've ended up together, or perhaps her and Chenle, but in the end she loved him. They were walking back to the dorms in silence, hands entwined. He made sure to walk at a pace that was comfortable for her and was only slightly tugging her along. He knew that it would be irrational to rush into a relationship right now, when he'd barely gained some of his memory back.

They were standing outside the door, facing each other. "So..." She started. "I- I need some time, but I think I still love you." He smiled at her. "I know, I'll wait for you. As long as it takes." He pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead before going into the dorm. She smiled widely, clutching her heart and walking away.

authors note !
oof... the rest is up to your imagination now. this is kind of an interesting chapter, and i'm not sure i really love it the way i love the other chapters but it's certainly good. it kinda doesn't make sense, but we'll go with it.