𝟎𝟎𝟗. 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐲.

040 was having trouble sleeping. For the past few hours she had been lying awake on top of the covers, just watching the fan spin. Jisung was watching the hours tick by and hoping she would go to bed soon so she wouldn't be tired in the morning. 040 sighed, closing her eyes for the hundredth time hoping sleep would consume her. Nothing overcame her. So she sat up, deciding it would be best for her to take a small walk to clear her head. Jisung immediately got up to accompany her wherever she planned on going and slipped on his usual black shoes. That was one thing she was strict about, him having his shoes on in her room. She too slipped on a pair of sneakers and beckoned him out with her. The house was quiet, no one disturbed them when they slipped out the front door.

The cold night air blew on the two of them as they walked through the neighborhood. 040 occasionally would look at a certain house for a longer period of time, which would cause Jisung to unknowingly worry. They had been out for only an hour when he finally decided to ask a question that had been nagging at him.
"Why do you treat android's like humans?" He asked. 040 turned around, stopping in her tracks.
"Because, someone once told me that even if our blood isn't the same colour it shouldn't matter." She recalled sitting in Carl's study while the two played chess on one of her off days. He had told her that Markus was his son when they first met, and she readily accepted this. She never asked about it until that day.
"Why shouldn't it?"
"You ask a lot of questions, Jisung. But it shouldn't matter because you're alive, just like the rest of us." Her words confused him.
"I'm not alive." She scoffed putting her hand up to where his synthetic heart beat steadily in a rhythm that would go on forever. His hand came up to lay over hers and he noticed her skin was cold to the touch. She must be freezing.
"You are alive. Some day you may see that... but maybe that day is not today." She pressed her hand a little harder against his chest relishing in the fact that even if his heart was fake, at least he still had one.
"I'm not alive." He repeated, dropping his hand back to his side.
"Jisung, someday you will be. Someday." She hugged him. It was foreign to Jisung, being hugged. Was this what it was like to be a human? he wondered. It was affection. He knew what affection was. He hugged her back.
"I like you." She mumbled lightly into his chest.
"What was that?"
"Nothing."

authors note !
she really be saying the L word this quick huh...