𝟎𝟏𝟗. 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧.

"How could you?" The boy asked Felix in a broken voice. Birdie had left just moments before and an argument was already underway.
"How could I what? How could I what!" Felix shot back angrily.
"You knew! Chan told you and yet you still are so selfish! Do you even know how I became a deviant in the first place? Do you even know how much she means to me?!" Watching the boy's tears finally fall softened Felix's heart.
"She means a lot to all of us. She's really special... I'm sorry. Okay? I'm so so sorry." Felix softened his voice so that the others couldn't hear. The other continued to cry softly as Felix awkwardly tried to comfort him. "It- It's just-"
"Shhhh... you don't have to say anything. Just take a second, okay?" Felix rubbed his back like he'd seen Birdie do before.
"It- It's okay. Just- please, if you end up together take care of her." He had glossy eyes as he looked at Felix, hiccuping between some of his words. "I will. Promise." He wiped his tears on his sleeve before pushing himself away from Felix. "Thanks."

Birdie was looking for Jisung. He had apparently wondered off from their usual meeting place. Occasionally she found herself touching her lips lightly with the tips of her fingers, remembering how Felix's lips felt against her own. It had been her first kiss, and she wasn't exactly mad about it. She wasn't happy either, but it was a nice kiss. "Jisung?" She whispered softly, hoping maybe he'd materialize out of thin air. He was no where around their usual meeting area. "Are you lost?" someone asked suddenly. The voice was familiar and when she turned around it wasn't anyone she knew.
"No, I was looking for someone but I guess he ditched me." She let out a humourless laugh and he smiled a boxy smile. It was then she realized why the voice was so familiar, it was one of the BTS sexbots.
"Oh, well I was just on a date with my Mistress and she's getting some coffee in that café." He pointed towards the café she usually met Jisung in. He liked the environment.
"What's your name?" She asked, fishing around in her pocket for a mint.
"Taehyung." He smiled again at her.
"Nice to meet you... why did your mistress leave you out here?" The word was foreign coming out of her mouth.
"She met some other android and asked I stay out here!" He said cheerily.
"Other android?..."
"Yeah, a model NCT3736202." Her breath caught in her throat.
"Why don't we go check on them?" She asked cautiously.
"Sure!" he chirped, linking his arm with hers.

Jisung had a human all over him. She was nothing like Birdie in all the wrong ways. This woman was dressed provocatively, and had basically told him he was going home with her, no buts. He wanted a new home. He craved one, but not with this woman.
"Come on you stupid machine." She berated when he refused to leave the café.
"I already have an owner, she told me to wait here."
"I am your owner now. And I'm demanding you come with me." She grabbed Jisung's arm harshly pulling him out of the café. He tried pulling it out of her grasp, but he couldn't.
"Jisung!" he finally heard the voice he'd been wanting to hear and felt relieved.
"Mistress!" Another voice said happily before pulling the woman away from him. Jisung saw Birdie jogging towards him and they stopped in front of one another. "Are you-" She started, but he shook his head. "Who are you?" The other woman asked apprehensively.
"I'm his co-worker of sorts." Birdie narrowed her eyes at the other woman.
"His? As in you think he's alive? Good heavens, someone better teach you a thing or two little girl." The woman towered over Birdie, but Jisung towered over both.
"Yes, I believe he's alive and no one has to teach me anything." Birdie crept forward to take Jisung's hand in her own. The woman scoffed at the two while Taehyung grew impatient.
"You aren't his owner, and you look homeless. So say I give you a thousand. Would you let me take him without telling his 'owner'?"
"No." Birdie was blunt when she said this, finally getting fed up with this woman's behaviour.
"You stupid child, you could do so many things with the money-" By now the scene had attracted some attention and a small crowd had gathered around them. They assumed that Jisung was human because of the lack of LED, but the other woman knew better. "Hey hey, what's going on here?" Detective Moon walked up to the rapidly growing crowd concerned, what was happening?
"Officer, this child was trying to take my android!" The woman fixed her hair quickly in an attempt to look better.
"It's detective, actually." He broke through the crowd to the middle and saw 040, Jisung, and two others there.
"Detective, these two deviants were trying to steal my android from me!" She wails. Birdie fights the urge to roll her eyes as she grips Jisung's hand protectively.
"That's not what I heard, but okay. We'll take you down to the station so you can report the incident." Detective Moon ushered the four along and Birdie took the chance from the huge crowd to escape. She bolted into the crowd with Jisung just beside her, the crowd moved out of the way and the two quickly broke into a run. Fugitives, they were. "Hey! Get back here!" The detective called though he never made any real move to go after the two.

It was November 4th, 2037. Taeil has been recently promoted to detective. He was investigating some android cases because he had lived with them for many years of his life from his stay at the Zhong's. He had an android of his own back home, he actually had gotten into trouble because of her a few times. He never minded because she made him happy. Everyone expected it to be him and Irene that would fall in love and get married, he expects it as well. It was confusing, to love an android when you shouldn't. He felt like he wasn't even in love with a real person. Deviancy wasn't as common so he never knew that androids could wake up. Taeil felt dirty, for loving someone that wasn't technically real. Someday he knew he'd have to meet his maker and she would have already met hers. She was more than just a machine to him, more than something to play with.

If you knew something would destroy you, why would you do it?

authors note !
okay ngl i like writing angst n stuff but i hate having to write fight scenes. anyways, i have a few questions pertaining to this chapter, aka the longest one since the introductory chapter.

1. Who do you want mystery guy to be? It's already planned for who he is, but who do you want him to be?

2. are there any specific groups you want to see? anyone you want to see more of? The chapters are already loosely planned, but if there's anyone specific you want to see i could make it happen.

3. How would you feel if the book got a little darker?

4. What kind of person do you want Detective Moon to be? What do you think his character arc will be?

5. Doyoung. Opinions?

6. Felix, opinions?

7. I'm sorry for hurting Chan :,(((( Do you want to hear his backstory, or no?

8. if Birdie didn't end up with Jisung, Felix, or Chenle, who would you want her to end up with?

9. What is love to you?

10. and most importantly, Birdsung, Chirdie, or Birdlix?