𝟎𝟑𝟖. 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐭.

They were back at the café. They had been there many times, but it was different now. It was a date.
"The usual?" Jisung asked.
"Of course." She smiled at him. He was adorable. While Jisung was waiting for their order Birdie took the time to breathe, like really breathe. It had been very taxing on her mental health to be forced into the spotlight. She sighed heavily leaning back into the chair and closing her eyes. "Hey." Jisung sat in the seat across from her, he too had a hot chocolate in front of him. They sipped in silence for a few minutes before Birdie broke the silence, "How are you?"
"Good, I've never been better actually." He smiled a gummy smile at her and she felt her heart melt at the sight.
"You?"
"I'm tired, but great. I'm- I'm happy that you asked me out." His smile only brightened at this and she found it impossible not to smile back.
"I'm happy I asked you out."

Birdie had picked the café so she let Jisung pick the second activity. He wanted to take a short walk back to where Jericho was, and she wasn't opposed at all. "Jisung, when we get there I have to tell you something."
"You can tell me anything, Birdie. I'll always be here for you." He slipped his hand into hers and started swinging their connected arms back and forth while humming a happy tune. Internally, Birdie wondered if it bothered him that she was a human. After all, he had seen humans do countless horrible acts to androids so why was she any different? She worried that maybe after this he would decide he hated her and that she wasn't any different from the humans who tried to kill him.
"What's on your mind?" He asked curiously.
"Nothing."
"Is something bothering you?" And then it was his turn to worry about her minding that he was an android. He had seen what the humans had done to his friends, what was stopping her from thinking he was just a machine?
"No, is something bothering you?" The two stopped halfway down the trail and faced each other.
"Am- Was I not ever just a slave to you?" His breath hitched as the question left his lips, and he noticed her hardly paying attention to what he was saying. After what felt like an eternity she said, "No, Jisung, you were never a slave to me."

authors note !
fuck the off day, i'm posting this.
anyways, i updated my updates book and you can vote for the next nct book i post. there are three options, so pick wisely.