𝐮𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫.

It was a dark and stormy day, but it was the best day of his life. Because on that dark and stormy day he finally got the guts to tell Birdie how he really felt. Jisung and Chenle had decided to travel for a bit and explore before coming back, so the opportunity was perfect. "I- I have to tell you something." He'd stuttered out after a long time of sitting in silence. She hummed in response to show that she was listening. He took her hands in his and decided to just tell her. "I love you." "I love you too." She's responded immediately. "No, I- I love you love you." Confusion crossed her face before realization. "Oh." She whispered. "I- I get if you don't feel the same way it's just-" She cut him off quickly, "We could go on a date."

It was weird, he thought, to go on his first date but she didn't like him back. She thought perhaps it was the loneliness of not having Jisung or Chenle around that made her ask him on a date. She didn't mean to be cruel or anything, she just thought maybe deep down she could forge feelings for him. It worked because she had started to feel butterflies when he would shyly take her hand in his and would ramble about the things he was interested in. It would be a stretch for her to say she liked him already, but there was something there. Something.

"Hey, so this is our 15th date and I- I finally wanted to ask you to be my girlfriend." He fiddled with his fingers as her smile widened. It had been a few months since the first date, and the two had gone on many since. He made her happy, and in a sense she felt like she might have been falling in love with him. Slowly but surely over that time away from the other two she had started to live him, and not them. "Of course I'll be your girlfriend." She smiled as his grin only widened.

It was late on a Friday night and Birdie couldn't sleep. She kept having nightmares of Felix dying in her arms, the life draining out of his eyes as he uttered his last words. She wanted to cry but she felt like she couldn't. Of course, it was dumb because she had cried in front of him before but she just felt like she couldn't. "Bubs, are you okay?" His voice broke through her thoughts like a knife through butter. "Uh, yeah. Of course." She forced a smile towards him and he sighed in return. "I know you're not. You know you can tell me anything, right? The good and the bad. I can tell something's been stressing you out recently, talk to me." Her bottom lip quivered slightly, but she gritted her teeth through the lump in her throat. He sighed, yet again, and pulled her into his arms cradling her like a baby. He rocked her back and forth, and ran his fingers through her hair delicately. "It- It's just that I've been having nightmares." Her voice shook as the tears finally fell down her face and he was quick to wipe them away. "You don't have to talk about them if you don't want to. Shit, I don't know what I'm doing." She buried her face in his chest, inhaling with difficulty. "No, I- I should." She sniffled loudly. "They're about Felix. I just, I keep seeing him dying in my arms over and over again. I can't take it anymore." His eyes widened in shock and he was quick to comfort her again. "Shhhh... you'll be okay." He whispered. "I love you." She whispered back as her sniffles subsided. He questioned if she meant it, or if she was just saying it because he'd been there for her. "Truly?" He whispered back. And in that moment, Birdie knew that even if he wasn't the one she thought she'd end up with that he was someone that she could spend the rest of her life with. "Truly, Jeongin. Truly."

authors note !
so um it was I.N all along.
anyways, 'in dark corners' isn't actually ready so while i work on that i'll feed you with 'i know a place' for renjun. this is truly the end of human and before i fry i just want to thank everyone for supporting the book this far and reading. i appreciate all my readers, silent or not, so thank you so so much for sticking with me. of course, someday this will be edited but for now this is goodbye to human.