𝟎𝟐𝟕. 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮.

Chenle couldn't stop thinking of Birdie. She occupied his every thought and he just wished he could see her again, but this time alone. The war was heating up dramatically and his mother wasn't happy a few of her androids escaping. Recently, Doyoung and Kun had left with Renjun to find Jericho and Chenle was envious he couldn't have left with them. As usual he was in the garden late at night to avoid having the listen to Eunbi and her android. He thought of how he'd almost kissed Birdie in this very garden, and he had hoped after she left that she might come back for him. He got up and hopped the fence , walking towards the bus stop. It was only a dream now.

Birdie wouldn't admit it, but she missed when Felix was her best friend. The two had been through a lot together and it was like he had just thrown their friendship away because she didn't reciprocate his love. She knew how it was to be friends with someone you liked and to not have them reciprocate the feeling, so she couldn't judge him to harshly. "I don't know Seungmin, I just... miss him." She confided. The older nodded, understanding how Felix had been distant with all of them. "I get it. He's difficult sometimes, isn't he? But don't think about it too much. You still have me and Jeongin, right? Sorry... I'm definitely not good at this." He scratched the back of his neck chuckling slightly. "It's fine, but now isn't really the time to talk about my problems... How are you? We haven't really talked in a while." Seungmin smiled because she cared. "I'm great. Honestly, I just want the war to be over so I can live in peace without people thinking I'm a freak. Markus is doing great with the peaceful stuff but I wish we could fire back... I don't want to lose any of our own."
"Yeah, I don't either. You guys mean a lot to me." It was pretty far along in the war at this point. Markus was leading fearlessly, and he was smart about it. Jericho loved him. "You mean a lot to us too." He smiled warmly at her before engulfing her in a small hug. "It's late, shouldn't you go to bed?" She shook her head. "No, but if that's the hint that you want to go be my guest."

After Seungmin left her she went up to the main deck. She missed Chenle. Ever since she heard that Jisung didn't like her she had been trying to get over him. It was stupid, she told herself. She secretly wondered if he was looking at the same stars she was. "Chenle, I never got to tell you what I wanted to but there was so much I wanted to say. If I could've taken you with me I would've... I'm sorry I didn't. I- I miss you. I miss you so much. I hope you're doing good. You deserve everything the world has to offer, everything." She paused briefly before wiping her tears and whispering the last few words, "I love you." She looked down into the space below and squeezed her eyes shut.
"I miss you too." She has never moved quicker in her life than she did just then. She practically flung herself into his arms tackling him to the ground as she cried from happiness. Chenle felt his heart grow warm from her hug and he hugged her back just as tight. "How did you-" She started before he shushed her. "It's not important. I'm here for you now... I'm here." She had never hugged anyone tighter, she feared that he would leave if she let go. They stayed like that for a while, even if it wasn't that comfortable they enjoyed each other's company. Chenle's hair was now a bright orange and it suited him. She put it in the category of things she would tell him later. It was cold, so so cold but she didn't mind sticking it out if it meant getting to hold him longer. "We should go back inside." He suggested as he ran his fingers through her hair. "Yeah... will you stay with me?"
"Always."

authors note !
imagine i pulled a full 180 and it was Jongho who was also in love w/ her 😳
but like frfr i didn't plan on Chenle coming back it just happened lol