𝟎𝟎𝟑. 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝.

"Chenle!" Birdie begged quietly to the boy. Chenle looked down at her sighing, the things he does for this girl. When Jisung came back without her Chenle went full rage mode on the poor android. He yelled loudly at the android losing his temper for the first time since he realized he felt something. 040 had come back just ten minutes after Jisung returned home, and if Jisung could feel he was sure he'd be feeling relief. Chenle had immediately engulfed the girl in his arms, anger suddenly gone. It had been an hour since then and 040 had managed to ditch Jisung for just a few minutes to ask Chenle if he could get Jeongin in. He had immediately wanted to cave and tell her he'd do it, but he knew he shouldn't. His mother had told him not to do anything for the servants, he was their superior, but for her he felt like he would move heaven and earth.

Only a few hours later Chenle found himself walking the path 040 had given him. He smiled brightly thinking about how earlier he had broken through his code. Finally, he felt free. The refreshing evening air hit his soft skin as he finally got out of the city. The road to Jericho was quite short, actually. From the Zhong's house it was only a short 40 minute walk to the abandoned ship. Chenle enjoyed the time out and was incredibly thankful that his mother let him invite this "friend" of his to dinner. Jeongin, or I.N., was his age so it wasn't exactly a stretch to say that they were friends and on top of that he knew Felix as well. Chenle arrived at the ship and stood at the entrance just like 040 asked him to.

"Jeongin, the green haired guy's here!" Seungmin called to the younger boy. Much to his annoyance, Jeongin's code almost made him shout "JYP!" back at the older. "Great. Thanks Seungmin." Jeongin smiles brightly before leaving the ship to meet the guy who's taking him to the Zhong house. The cold evening air hit his face lightly and he inhaled the fresh scent of the outdoors. "Uh- hi, I'm Chenle." The green haired boy greeted.
"Jeongin! Nice to meet you!" Jeongin offered Chenle his hand for a handshake that Chenle gladly took. The two size each other up for a second before Jeongin offered his arm.
"What are you doing?" Chenle asked apprehensively.
"Sharing memories, if I'm your friend then I should know things about you." Chenle hesitated before grabbing Jeongin's arm. The two had many memories flash before their eyes in just seconds before they both let go. "Whoa..." Chenle blinked as the word slipped out of his mouth. Jeongin nodded at the younger boy before saying, "Should we start going now?" Chenle gave him a bright smile before ushering the older along back to the city.

To say Chenle confused Jeongin would be a massive understatement. One second the android was happy and robotic, the next he seemed... human. Over the course of the walk Jeongin had grown fond of Chenle. He liked the younger boy, genuinely, and he hoped maybe Chenle would consider deviancy. They were walking in a residential neighbourhood and stopped in front of an insanely large house. "You know your manners, right?" Chenle said in that slightly robotic voice that was completely void of emotion.
"Of course." Jeongin replied. Chenle gave him a long hard look before saying, "I'll make sure you aren't found out, but you have to tell me everything later." Jeongin nodded as Chenle rang the doorbell to his own house. Birdie opened the door curtly nodding to the two boys stepping aside. Let the fun begin, the two thought.

authors note !
i named this chapter three times before deciding on problem child lmao