𝟎𝟑𝟐. 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐞.

"Birdie, can you do one last thing for me?" Markus asked, approaching the girl who was tending to an injured android. "What is it Markus?" She asked. "Talk to the journalists over there, they'll listen to you." He pointed towards the journalists who were taking pictures and she nodded. Her hands were covered in thirium, but there was a graze wound on the left side of her face from a soldiers bullet almost hitting her. Markus sent Jisung with her so he could amplify her voice.

"I'm just like you. I'm a human, someone born to die. They're just like you as well. Even if you create them in factories to be slaves, they're alive. Just like you and I, and you're killing- slaughtering them in those camps. You're murdering innocent people, and because of what? Because of what? Because you're scared of them? Is that it? You're scared of something you created in your own likeness? I want everyone to know that it is a cowardly move to shoot unarmed androids. And I always thought us better than that, don't you think? Androids are another form of life. They feel just like you do, and right now some of them are scared. You don't need to be afraid of them. They won't hurt you. It's easy to be scared of something you don't know about. So I encourage you to get to know them as people and not things to order around, you might just change your opinions."

"That was beautiful, Birdie." North complimented. The younger smiled warmly as her eyes glossed over with tears. "You have to win this without violence, North. You just can't fight fire with fire." North faltered slightly at the idea of solving these things peacefully. "Sometimes violence is the only answer. The only way to win." She countered. "No. Not if people are dying, that's no way to win."

authors note !
we're reaching the end of this book and all in good time you'll find out everything you need to know. i'll be wrapping up loose ends and tying them in little bows :)