𝟎𝟑𝟎. 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞.

Taeil burst through the door dramatically looking around for his beloved. A few androids were startled, but Markus narrowed his eyes at the man. "Taeil!" Rosie squealed, running into his arms. Birdie was more hesitant to come in the church, but once she was seen two androids came running towards her. "I was so worried." Jisung made it first. Tears quietly fell down his face as he hugged her. "I'm here. I'm here." She repeated, tearing up a lot herself.

After Jisung and Chenle fussed over her she finally got to ask Chan about the two who were missing. "You didn't-" He asked, and his lip was quivering slightly. "No... I don't know where they are." She shook her head, not wanting to think of the possibility that the two really were dead. Chan sniffed as the remaining six tried to comfort him through their own grief. "It's- It's just-" He put his head in his hands as the others grouped around him. Birdie retreated to talk to Jae and ask how he was, but didn't notice the person who watched her leave.

"Humans have decided to exterminate us... Our people are packed in camps right now, being destroyed. Time has come to make a choice, one that very well may determine the future of our people. I know... I know you're all angry. And I know you wanna fight back... But I assure you violence is not the answer here. We are gonna tell them peacefully that we want justice. If there's any humanity in them, they will listen. And if not, others will take our place and continue this fight. Are you ready to follow me?" Markus was talking to his people and they started chanting his name. Birdie and Chan were tucked away in a corner talking quietly to each other about what they should do. "I just... I don't want Minho to feel like it's his fault, you know?" He whispered. Taeil and Jisung were also huddled together talking in another corner. "I know, I almost didn't make it myself..." She whispered back. Chan shook his head gently. Changbin and Seungmin had been with him for so so long, he couldn't lose them now. "Nine or none." He whispered. "Nine or none."

"Why should I approve of you dating her?" Taeil narrowed his eyes at Jisung. With him was Woojin and Jae. "Well, I don't know. I love her so I guess that's my only defence." He twiddled with his fingers, a habit of his that he'd picked up from Birdie herself. "Sounds pretty good to me, 10/10." Jae smiled and patted the boy's head before going off to find Brian and the others. "Sure, I mean that sounds like a pretty good defence." Woojin smiled at Jisung, thinking of the other boy who loved Birdie. Taeil sighed, waving Woojin away. "Listen, I value that girl just as much as I would a sister. Just- please, don't hurt her." Jisung nodded slightly and Taeil patted his shoulder before going back to Rosie.

"We should talk." Felix said, coming over to Birdie and Chan. His face was tear stained and his freckles stood out in the dim chapel lighting. "Sure. I'll see you later Chan, right?" Chan nodded, already retreating back into his mind with a blank stare. It was sad, watching the once bright and promising man fade away like that. "What do you want to talk about?" She knew, she just wanted him to bring it up himself.
"So, I'm not sure if I really... love you. Honestly, I hate the thought of you with someone else but I don't think... we work well together... maybe?" She nodded, waiting for him to continue, "And you're great, but I think I need to take a step back and take some time to focus on myself." She nodded once again and said, "That's okay. It's fine to be confused sometimes, Lix. I understand." He felt relieved at these words because he thought she'd hated him. "Oh and, tell Jisung I'm sorry. I was kind of an asshole to him earlier..."

authors note !
ngl i'm thinking of killing someone off rn and i've had the idea since the beginning but i really want them to live so uh