𝟎𝟐𝟒. 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞.

Chenle cried himself to sleep. After seeing Jisung and Birdie together his heart ached even more. Before, it seemed to be a dull thump every now and then. Now, it was actually painful. And he wasn't supposed to feel pain, discomfort might be a better word. Renjun had greeted him at the door when he came in, only for Eunbi to smack him upside the head and tell him that servants have no right to talk to their masters. Chenle had been forced to eat a meal that she made before he was allowed to go to bed, which only further ruined his mood. He could hear Eunbi in the room a few doors down making the usual sinful noises that she did at that hour. It was late, around 2am. He had been crying for hours but only was able to fall asleep for a few minutes. He got out of bed hoping that the older androids would be playing poker at this hour, as usual, only to find the house almost empty. "Chenle, why are you up?" Doyoung asked as Chenle came into the living room. "Couldn't sleep with all the noises." Doyoung nodded at this in agreement.
"How was your time earlier?"
"Good. Great even, I'm grateful for the time out."
"Okay, well you should head to bed before Mr. and Mrs. Zhong get back."
"But I can't sleep..." Chenle trailed off, wondering where his parents were at this hour.
"I'll sing you to sleep, Come on."
"Taeil used to do that for me." Chenle tilted his head at Doyoung's strangely kind offer.
"I know, and I used to do it for 040. Come on."

Doyoung finished the last verse and noticed that the younger boy was asleep. "Goodnight." He whispered, pulling the covers over Chenle's figure. By now the noises from Eunbi's room had stopped completely and the house was quiet. Doyoung went back to his room that he now shared with Renjun. He went in the closet and took out the usual small black box. Inside was photos that Birdie had taken. There were photos of everyone, even the ones that were gone. She hoarded these photos from over the year she worked there. They were her treasure.

Chenle had finally accepted that he no longer had Birdie's affection. She was probably with Jisung now. He cursed himself for not going with her on that fateful day. He knew of the others, Felix and his friend. The ones that also loved her like he did. He liked them both. They were nice, but Jisung was amazing. Even Chenle knew that Jisung was virtually perfect.

If you knew something would destroy you, why would you do it?

authors note !
short chapter but Chenle just got his heart broken and i :,(