Fanning the Flames (Part 1)

*Y/n's POV*

A month has past it was now December. Y/n had taken a break from teaching to focus on the influx of animals dropped off at the shelter, mostly kittens and new cat moms with their first litter of kittens. The students still help out at the shelter and even a couple got part time jobs working there since they missed Y/n teaching their class. Megatron had arranged it so no one else will teach Y/n's class while she was gone. She told her students once all the influx of cats and kittens where adopted out or provided foster homes, she would resume teaching. Sadly as it turned out, all the cats and kittens came from a hoarding situation so Y/n knew she was going to have her hands full.

Y/n finally arrives home after a long day at work. She still left the adoption proceedings with Tarn so the right families can be found for all the new aditions at the shelter. But on this day, Y/n ends up taking a new cat mom home with her first litter of kittens, which means sleepless nights all over again. Once inside her home, Megan comes running downstairs to greet her mom.

"Hi mommy," said Megan who was about to hug her mom but once she sees the box in her mom's arms she comes to a hault. "More kitties?"

"Yes sweetie. This time we will help a mommy cat raise her babies. Is your brother home?"

"He is. I'll go get him." Megan runs back upstairs to go get her brother, Eric.

Y/n heads towards the room she converted into a cat nursery. She could hear the cats getting restless in the box. "Just a minute and I'll let you guys out." She heads into the nursery and shuts the door behind her with her foot. She carefully sets the box down. She leans down and opens the box. She finds herself nose to nose with mommy kitty. Mommy kitty gives Y/n a quick lick on her nose before she jumps out of the box and starts to explore the new room. Y/n quickly gets a nest ready while listening to the kittens meowing for mom. They were only a few days old so Y/n had to act fast. Once the nest was made, she carefully sets the tiny kittens in the nest and coaxes mom over so she could start caring for her babies. "I know being a new mom can be scary. But I'm here to help you out, sweetie."

Momma cat purrs while her kittens nurse from her. Y/n leaves the room to get some more supplies to take care of the new additions in the household. She was about to head into the kitchen when Eric follows in shortly after. "How was school today?"

"Not too eventful today. But just to let you know. Taranchulas is here. Said something about a bond or something."

"I'll go see what he wants then. In the meantime go help momma cat with her kittens if she needs them. If not just sit in the room with her and talk to her. She needs to know we are here to help her."

"Will do, mom. Oh by the way, grandpa called before you got home. He wants to know if you will still come for Christmas," said Eric.

"We will. Nothing will stop us from going this year. I'll make sure of it." Y/n heads outside to see what Taranchulas wanted. She heads outside. "Dont you ever sleep?" She notices Taranchulas's dishelved appearance.

"Well when you are trying to find a way to undo a forced sparkbond, you'd lose sleep too. I believe I may have found a to fix the problem," said Taranchulas.

"First before anything is done, you need to unwind and destress. I have the perfect thing to help. Come inside." Y/n heads inside and Taranchulas follows. "Just recently got two momma cats with their litters. One is a first time mom. My son, Eric, is helping her take care of her litter. The second cat, who has a litter of kittens at six weeks old, is currently being put in her new foster home here in the next few days. Our job is to socialize the kittens to get used to humans." Y/n leads Taranchulas upstairs.

"Why do you do this? I really don't see a point...." Taranchulas couldn't even finish his sentence before Y/n turns around to face him.

"These cats were just seized from a bad hoarding situation. So it's my job these cats get the love and attention they need so they can learn not all humans are bad like the previous owner who had them." Y/n opens one of the doors to the spare bedrooms and was greeted by four kittens and a momma cat. "Besides animals remember pain. It's my job to help them heal."

*Taranchulas's POV*

Taranchulas watches Y/n as she goes to sit down in the middle of the floor and gets swarmed by the kittens and momma cat. Love was still a foreign concept to them. He decided it would be best to sit down as well. As soon as he was sitting on the floor, Y/n hands him one of the kittens.

"Listen to her purr. You know she is enjoying the attention she is getting. Cats purr when they are sick or hurt but a cat will never purr to another cat. Cats communicate to others with body posture or tail posture. Chirps or chortles. People for the longest while didn't know how a cat can produce a purr."

Taranchulas takes the kitten, which immediately begins purring up a storm. "What do I do now?" Taranchulas asks.

"Hold her to your chest. She'll snuggle up to you and might fall asleep. There was a study done years ago that purring heard from cats can help lower blood pressure. By interacting with these cats on a daily basis is how I deal with the stress."

After an hour of playing with the cats and kittens, Taranchulas and Y/n head down to the basement/game room. After getting settled in the chairs, Taranchulas begins to walk Y/n through the process of severing the forced spark bond between her and Megatron. "Since you are not Cybertronion, I will try to walk you through the process of trying to sever the forced spark bond we accidentally created between you and Megatron."

"What if it doesn't work?" Y/n asks.

"Then we will try again until it is severed. Now I want to try to relax your body and calm down. We have no idea if this will work. Now close your eyes and allow yourself to drift off to nothingness. Picture yourself in a room with a large bright sphere. The sphere is surrounded by a blinding light."

Y/n relaxes her body and follows Taranchulas's instructions.

"Now around this blinding sphere of light, I want you to picture a red ribbon around the sphere of light. In your hand, chose either left or right, I want to picture a paid of scissors in your hand. Now tell me what you see."

"I see the sphere of light, blinding light with a ribbon around it. But it's not red," said Y/n.

"What color is it?"

"The ribbon is a black color with an eerie glow around it."

"That is strange. Now with the scissors in your hand, I want you to picture yourself cutting the ribbon off of the sphere of light." There was a long pause of silence. Taranchulas watches Y/n's face change facial expression. After what seems like hours, Y/n finally opens her eyes. "Did you cut the ribbon?"

"He's mad. I cut the ribbon and the first thing I felt was anger. Not like anger like something broke. Anger that something was lost."

"This isn't good."

Meanwhile back at his home, Megatron had just finished his shower when he felt a strange disturbance. It felt like something was cut from him. His Beast Mode growls within him. One thought comes to mind. "Time to claim what is mine," said Megatron as he prepares to leave his house.