Mending the Tear (Part 2)

*Megatron's POV*

Megatron wasn't too sure what to do next. Y/n was in his arms but at least she stopped crying. He never knew anyone could suffer so much heart break. He let's go of Y/n. "Are you going to be okay?" Megatron asks.

Y/n wipes the dried tears from her eyes. "For the most part, kinda. I better finish these pancakes before anymore burn on the griddle."

Megatron steps away from Y/n so she could finish cooking. He was a bit disappointed when she has to throw away half of the first batch of pancakes. Her reason why is that burnt fruit doesn't taste very good. After about five minutes, there was enough pancakes cooked for the both of them to have a small stack of pancakes, about six each. Megatron helps set the table and they both sit down across from each other. With his first bite of pancakes, Megatron was surprised at the taste of them. "These are pretty good. Where did you learn to cook like this?"

"My dad used to be a pastry chef for a French bakery. So he taught me a bit but I mostly self-taught. Had to learn quite a lot after the divorce with Rodney."

"I don't mean to bring up old wounds, but how long ago did you divorce your ex-husband?"

"About six months to almost a year now," said Y/n as she takes a bite of pancakes.

"No one should have to go though that amount of pain. In the morning when I take you back to the lab...." Megatron's attention turns back to the living room, where he left his cellphone. "Something's not right." He gets up from his chair and heads to the living room. He sees he has several missed calls and texts messages, all from Taranchulas. Megatron thought it was unusual that he didn't hear his phone go off. He picks up his phone and gives Taranchulas a call.

"About damn time you call back!! We just hit a bump in the road. You need to get Y/n back to the lab ASAP. No waiting until morning. You need to get her back now!"

"Taranchulas what's all the fuss about?"

"I figured out what Cryotek tried to do to Y/n. I need you both to leave now!" Taranchulas hangs up on his end of the call.

Megatron pockets his phone and calmly walks back into the kitchen. "We need to leave now. Finish eating what you can in the next few minutes so we can leave," said Megatron.

"Wait a minute! The only vehicle that came here was Taranchulas's car. So how do you expect me to leave?!"

"We are going to fly back. Leave your stuff here. I'll have Taranchulas fetch it for you in the morning." Megatron heads outside.

*Y/n's POV*

Y/n quickly finishes eating and heads outside as well. Megatron locks the door behind her. "We are going to fly back to the lab?"

"Yes we are," said Megatron. He walks away from the cabin. As he walks away, he is engulfed in flames and out of those flames steps a large red dragon. "We really don't have any other way to get you back to the lab. So you are going to have to trust me onto this one."

Y/n was hesitant at first but she does take up the courage to go to Megatron. "And here I thought, dragons don't exist."

"To a sense, they did. How else does every culture around the world have dragons one one shape or another. Now come on, step up. We are kinda on s time crunch."

Y/n puts her hand up on one of Megatron's neck ridges and takes a hold before she struggles to pull herself up onto Megatron's back. She situated herself between his wings. "I'm not going to fall off, am I?"

"Not if you don't hold on. I recommend you hold on for dear life. Last thing I need to have happen is for you to plummet to your death. "

Y/n wraps her arms around Megatron's neck. She feels his body tense up before he takes off at a run then becoming airborne. She feels her heart jump to her throat as the tree line around the cabin shrinks as Megatron flies higher into the sky. Y/n tightens her grip around Megatron's neck, earning herself a rumbling laugh beneath her.

"Afraid of flying, my dear?" Megatron teases.

"Yes in fact. Just don't pull off any free-falling or barrel rolls. I may end up losing my lunch," said Y/n.

"If you relax a bit, this can be more enjoyable. Enjoy the sights while you can before it's time to land."

Y/n takes the courage to look away from the red scales on Megatron's neck to look around. She was surprised at how many stars there were in the night sky. "Hardly any light pollution out here."

"That's one reason why I bought the cabin. The lights from the city make it hard to see the night sky. Sadly I'd show you which star is closest to Cybertron but without the aid of a strong telescope, I won't be able to show you. Speaking of which, how fluent are you in Cybertronion are you?"

"Do we have to talk about this now?"

"I'm doing so, so that way I can take your mind of falling. I can tell it's working since I felt your body relax." Megatron laughs.

Y/n slaps the palm of her hand against Megatron's neck. "Stop that!"

"I do have a point. Me talking to you is helping you take your mind off of flying."

After two hours of flying, Megatron lands in front of the building that houses Taranchulas's lab at Primus University. Y/n jumps down off of his back, shivering from the cold. "Remind me the next time we go flying, to bring a warmer winter coat."

"So does that mean it's a date?" Megatron asks as he changes back into his human form.

"Just shut up." Y/n hurries into the building, wanting to warm up from the cold. "You better hope I don't get frost bite." After a few minutes, Y/n makes it to Taranchulas's lab. "So what's the reason why you wanted us back so soon?" Y/n asks as she walks through the doors.

"You and Megatron both are not going to like hearing this. I'll wait to tell you what needs to be said when he gets here," said Taranchulas. After a few minutes Megatron arrives. "Now that I have both of you listening, I'll say what needs to be said. As you know the actions of Cryotek nearly killed Y/n and I unfortunately have figured out what had caused it." He walks over to one of the fridges where he kept blood samples to be tested and pulls out a jar with orange glowing liquid. "This may appear to be energon but it's been tweaked a bit." He walks back over to Y/n and Megatron. He hands it to Megatron.

"What is this?" Megatron asks.

"What I managed to collect from the sample of blood from Y/n on that fateful day. Now you both are wondering why I say this energon has been tweaked or should I say tampered with. It's a mixture of energon with Cryotek's blood as well as added DNA from two different animals. It contains DNA from both a lion and a harpy eagle. But luckily for Y/n, with the blood transfusion, it flushed the mixture out of her system. I'll give you a few guesses as to why he did it."

"He wanted to turn Y/n into a Predicon. We already know he wanted Y/n. But why did you want us to come back so quickly?" Megatron asks.

"The reason why is that we need to give Y/n another blood transfusion of your blood, Megatron, to flush the remaining energon concoction that Cryotek made, out of her system. If not, years down the line it can kill her."

"Will there still be a chance...."

Taranchulas hold his hand up to interrupt Y/n. "There's no way I can tell at this current time if you will turn into a Predicons after this blood transfusion. But there is a small chance you might get wings."

"Not what I wanted to hear, Taranchulas. I just need to know if it will kill me."

"No it won't. There is a chance it will create another bond between you and Megatron. So in the meantime until I can get enough blood ready for the transfusion, I need you both to figure out a safer way to do a spark bond."

Y/n didn't like where this was going. One way or another she will have to do a spark bond with Megatron, whether she liked it or not. At this point, even though Taranchulas said it could happen years down the line, what Cryotek had done to her, it was a matter of life and death.