XXXII

THIRTY TWO // FINLAND

Jimin grins when Serenity sighs.

"i don't know why you did that." she says, pretending to be annoyed. she crosses one leg as she leans her head against the leather couch.

"did what?"

"take the phone and say you'd come."

Jimin recalls the moment that happened a few minutes ago. Serenity was on the phone to her parents, humming to her mother's words as she mentioned that she was hanging out with a friend.

Jimin raised his brows when she said the term and she bit her lip, hiding a smile. she swatted Jimin's hands away. he heard her mother's loud voice asking if the friend would like to come over for dinner this weekend.

Jimin couldn't help but interject. he felt playful as he took the phone away from her, charming voice on show. "i'd love to come and join you both. me and Serenity will be there."

now, the weekend had arrived as Jimin and Serenity walked along the street that lead to her parents house.

"i want to see the cottage and oh come on," Jimin says, pushing her side. "it's just one dinner." he mentions. he's social when he can be and today he's in a good mood. he wants to do this for Serenity, it'll be fun to hang out with other people, together.

"you're lucky you're pretty." Serenity walks ahead but is pulled back.

"aren't you the pretty one that i get to see everyday though?" Jimin leans her against the front door of her parents house, trapping her in his arms as the street lamp flickers. he runs his nose down her cheek, inhaling as she closes her eyes in pleasure.

it ended up being a lovely night at Serenity's parents house. the cottage exceeded Jimin's expectations as he made sure to walk around slowly, taking his time to admire every decoration. the shoes at the door, the curtains, the lamp shades and candles at dinner. the smell of pasta and potatoes filled the air as soon as he stepped inside.

he truly felt welcome, appreciating Serenity's fathers handshakes and her mother's smiles. he soon realised that he unconsciously really wanted to come because he craved for a family dinner. he wants to be seated at a table, at a scheduled time where they can all eat and enjoy the company.

Jimin could tell Serenity was happy to have him there. they shared shy smiles and flushed cheeks from across the table, not feeling shameful by the fact that they were kicking each other's legs. they conversed with the older adults, both just as social.

Jimin made sure to be on his best behaviour, showering the parents with politeness. he didn't have a point to prove. he just wanted to be nice.

he ended up watching soccer with Serenity's father. his eyes were watching but his ears were listening to the conversation from the kitchen. one he shouldn't have been listening to, one that felt too personal.

"do you love him?"

Jimin stares at the carpet, hearing Serenity dry the dishes her mother is washing.

"yes."

he gulps harshly.

"then why aren't you together?"

"because it's not going to last."

"we're just temporary. but one thing I'm certain about is that it's going to hurt when he leaves."

"it's going to hurt like a bitch. but it's okay because I know that, what's left of our time together will be worthwhile."

Jimin felt tears spring his eyes and for some reason, he's smiling.