Unexpected Arrival

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note dear reader that the writing style changes here as this is where my 6 month hiatus ends - I'm back writing again and living in the magical land of Albion... Can you blame me?
Loving the feedback too - please keep it coming! I hope you are enjoying it so far! Expect more familiar faces along the way!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Elaine?" The voice drifts through the open door and her heart sinks. The colour drains from her already pale face. Elaine is ridged in the middle of the room - a confused Arthur on one side of her, a furious Morgana on the other.

"ARTHUR" Morgana roars,causing both Arthur and Elaine to jump, not to mention somewhat scaring herself with her ferocity. Her "brother" had just helplessly walked his way into her "home", his arrival was unexpected and although somewhat convenient it frightened her knowing that she was no longer out of sight and out of mind.
"Morgana" he murmured - his face grave - as if silently cursing himself for ever trusting in Elaine. Elaine watched him through the strands of her fringe, it was obvious to see that his spirit had been crushed, all trust was lost.

The was a pause, which for Elaine felt like a lifetime. She willed herself to find a solution to a problem that was only just beginning - but she had nothing, not even words. Arthur too found himself in a predicament. He looked on from the doorway - it was too late to turn back and leave.

"Care to explain what you are doing here dear brother" Morgana smirked, a devilish glint in her emerald eyes. Arthur stared at her, a small moment of realisation washed over him as if only now remembering what she was truly capable of. He swallowed hard.
"Well spit it out, we haven't got all day" she growled.
There's no point lying he thought, looking at Elaine.

"I'm here to see Elaine"

"You what?!" Both Arthur and Elaine turned to look at her dumbfounded. It was obvious that it was one of the last things Morgana had expected him to say. She turned sharply in her heels, "it looks like you've got some explaining to do"

Elaine gave a nervous smile.
"It seems your dream had a ring of truth to it" she began shakily "it's really been quite the day"
"Have you been conspiring against me?"

"No" she said defiantly, "just because I don't agree with your plans doesn't mean..."
"Then what does it mean?" She snapped. Elaine sighed and turned to look out of the small window. Unsure of what to say.
Morgana strides over to her, ice cold fingers run down the side of Elaine's face "I'll deal with you later" her words are callous, Elaine shivers at her touch. There was a time that she was certain she saw a glimmer of hope in Morgana, but now she wasn't so sure. Whenever the topic turned to Arthur's demise, to taking Camelot she lost all traces of humanity and humility.