Competition of Love

A/N Hey I'm back and so is my health! I feel great now, not to mention I can actually chew.

Disclaimer: I do not own Boku no Hero Academia.

"Hey Nejire, how's it going?" Mirio called out, waving his hand to get Nejire's attention.

"Ah, hello Mirio. I'm doing great. How's Eri?" Nejire asked while running up to him.

"She's with Midoriya and Uraraka right now, but she was doing great when I was with her. Uwaaa you should have seen her adorable smile!" Mirio gushed.

"She smiled?! Why didn't you call me earlier? I was dying to see that cinnamon roll smile you know!" Nejire huffed in annoyance.

"I was too busy making lunch." He crossed his arms as a retort.

Something then flashed through Mirio's head. For a long time, he's wanted to help his socially challenged friend with something that has been bothering him.

"Well, about Tamaki...I'll get in trouble for telling you this but...you know he likes you right?" Mirio explained, nervous about Nejire's answer.

Nejire was silent for a while, before smiling and letting out a giggle, which alerted Mirio's attention.

"Yeah, I know. It's actually really obvious if you think about it." Nejire stated blatantly.

Mirio, in turn, was shocked. His usual smiling face was replaced with a dropped jaw and bulging eyes.

"Wait, if you knew this whole time...why aren't you together already? It's been so many years!" Mirio exclaimed, shocked at the massive turn of events.

Nejire exploded in laughter at his exclamation. 

"I do  like Tamaki. I mean, who wouldn't love that bundle of nerves? But I can't lose now can I?" Nejire explained after controlling her laughter.

"..Huh? Lose to what?" Mirio asked in obvious confusion.

"It's a game. We're testing each other to see which one will crack and confess first." She declared.

"But Nejire, love isn't a game." Mirio uttered, still stunned at Nejire's explanation.

"You're right. Love isn't a game. It's a competition and I'm winning!"

A/N Ok that was a little short. Sorry about that. Also thank you so much for 2.5K!