Someone Like You

This is a Quirkless AU where Tamaki is popular (not a playboy) and Nejire is the shy nerd.

Disclaimer: I don't own Boku no Hero Academia.

Nejire's POV:

I longingly stared at a tall figure on the other side of the cafeteria. I didn't even notice I was staring- at least not until Ochako pointed it out.

I'm honestly really grateful for having someone like her as my best friend, she always saves me from awkward situations, but the fact that she has a boyfriend annoys the heck outta me.

For God's sake, she's a freshman! Two years younger than me! And look at her, happily in love with a freckled broccoli.

Doesn't help that sometimes she would ditch me for a date with Midoriya-Kun. What happened to chicks before dicks?

Moving on, I couldn't help but send another glance to the same tall figure across the room.

He was standing there, in all his humble glory, talking to his friend circle. Another thing I loved about him.

Unlike all the other popular assholes in this school, he was actually down to earth. He didn't stick his tongue down any girl's throat. Honestly, I think he's never had a girlfriend before.

Or maybe that's wishful thinking.

And who exactly am I talking about? Only one of the hottest guys in school, Tamaki Amajiki!

I swear almost all the girls in my year (and below) are pinning after him.

The pretty ones, the popular ones, the smart ones, the shy ones, and me. The nerdy one.

Honestly, who would be crazy enough to like someone like me?

"Nejire-Chan? Are you listening?"

I jumped at the voice of my best friend. It seems like I had gotten so occupied with my thoughts, I completely forgot about Ochako.

"Hm? Sorry, can you say all of that again?" I had to resist the urge to laugh at her annoyed expression.

"All of it? No thank you, that's another half hour. The only important thing you need to know is that I'm going to Kandagawa for a week to visit my grandma."

My eyes widened a fraction at this.

"A week? Who's gonna copy my math homework?!" I shouted at her jokingly.

She rolled her eyes and hit me on the arm lightly, grinning.

"While I'm gone, maybe you can get closer to a certain someone if you know what I'm saying?" She whispered, leaning towards me.

I felt my face heat up instantly at her words and shook my head vigorously.

"Noooo, Ochako-Chan stop teasing me! Why would he want to talk to a nerd like me anyway?"

Ochako took a sip of her orange juice and rolled her eyes, again. Oh, she's giving me sass now? Okay, I see how it is.

"I wanted to talk to a nerd like you. And look at us now!" She gave me a smug smile. Smugness doesn't look good on her.

Ochako stood up, picking up her school bag and finishing the last bit of orange juice.

"I have Modern Literature in 10 minutes with Cementoss. Gotta rush there before he gives me a detention for being late."

Cementoss?

"Yeah, Cementoss. The teacher with a stony face."

It took me a while to realise I had said my thoughts out loud.