~ Chapter 17 ~

~I am sorry! This is very messy and scattered! I didn't want it to turn out like this but it did and I apologize!~

    "What's the girl's quirk? And how old is she?" Izuku asked. "Izuku, you can't possibly be considering-" Mitsuki said but stop when Izuku looked at her with determined eyes. "Oh." She whispered.

    Izuku turned away from Mitsuki and looked at the detective. "She is 27, and her quirk is duplicate. She can make identical copies of herself and it follows whatever order she gives it." The detective explained.
    "Are the copies she makes paralyzed like her?" Izuku asked. "I can see where you're going with this and even though it's a good lead to work on it's a dead end. The copies she makes aren't paralyzed, but they only last twenty minutes and it's an hour and a half drive from her location to the scene of the crime." The detective explained.

    "Oh," Izuku said sadly in disappointment, "Apologies then," Izuku mumbled.
    "No need to be sorry. You came up with that after only a few minutes, when it took us hours to get such a conclusion. You are a very smart kid." The detective explained. "Thank you," Izuku said.

    Izuku knows that he's smart, he's been told that by his mother and the league. However, he only seems smart when it comes to hero work, math, certain types of science, and speaking different languages. Yeah, it's impressive... but those are the only things he's good at and makes him be considered as smart.
    When it comes to anything else like history or biology, he doesn't do as good.

    "Further evidence to show her innocence, if you're still not convinced, we can not find any connections between the culprit and the victim. So she has no idea where the victim lived." The detective explained.
    "Okay," Izuku said, "but, I still don't fully believe she's innocent. Can you tell me her name? So I can be sure if I've not met her." Izuku asked.

    Izuku doesn't really want to push so hard for answers on the woman, but how else is he gonna feel even slightly better. His mom died and he doesn't know how to process it. So he does what he always does, throw himself into the closest thing he can find.
    When Izuku was a toddler and was worried about not getting his quirk, he hung out with Katsuki to distract himself. When he was eight and didn't see the point of living, he got into writing about different heroes' quirks, weaknesses, and fighting styles. After he killed his father, he started learning different languages and cultures. And when he finally understood that Katsuki wasn't his friend anymore, he threw himself off a building.
    And with so many other different scenarios Izuku kept throwing himself into things. Now, with his mother's death, he's throwing himself into his mother's murder case.

    "I understand. And of course, her name is Yavana." The detective said. "Wait, Yavana? Yavana Uchi?" Izuku asked after thinking back to when he was younger.
    "Yes, how do you know her? I didn't find any connections." The detective asked.

    "Miss Yavana worked with me, I was her patient for a few months," Izuku explained. "Patient?" Mitsuki paused to think, "Is she a doctor?"
    "No, she works as a therapist in a mental hospital." The detective explained. "Mhm. She was one of my therapists for 11 months. I think she worked with me on my emotional control." Izuku explained.

    "You were in a mental hospital?!" Katsuki asked as Mitsuki and small might looked confused. "Heh, surprise," Izuku said awkwardly. "Now is not exactly the time to talk about this. Maybe after this, I could explain more." Izuku said.
    "I agree. If I was wrong about the connections then Yavana could possibly be the culprit." The detective explained.

    Izuku nodded his head in agreement before he started talking again. "Miss Yavana absolutely hated me while she worked with me. She always said I was lying and was looking for attention, I honestly don't even know why she kept working with me if she didn't believe me."
    "Do you know why she hated you?" The detective asked.