Chapter 1.5

Narrator

Kasai: "Hello? This is Tatsuyoshi Kasai."

Shion: "Kasai, this is Shion."

Kasai: "Miss Sonozaki? What is it?"

Shion: "I need your help. I'm don't want to be here anymore and I want to get out of here. I need to get back to Hinamizawa."

Kasai: "Shion, you know that your grandmother won't allow you to return. And if you did, you will have to answer to her. God knows what she will do to you for going against her orders."

Shion: "I don't care about what the hag has to say about it! Will you help me?"

Kasai sighed before reluctantly saying yes. He was worried about the girl but he couldn't say no to her. For it was his job to serve the Sonozaki family and all of its members.

After the phone call she made to Kasai, Shion decided to skip the rest of her classes and head to one of the very few hills around campus. She laid down on the grass as she looked at the cherry blossom tree, petals dancing in the air. This spot was the place where her and (Y/N) would meet up with one another. They would just sit up here and talk about a lot of things and Shion would never get bored of it. Before meeting, Shion had her mind set on leaving Okinomiya and returning to Hinamizawa. St. Lucia was a school that she longed to escape and she didn't want to spend another second in it. Then one day, she ran into (Y/N) by accident while heading to class. That was the best mistake that she made and she knew immediately that (Y/N) was different from the others. From that day on, Shion would hang out with (Y/N) and be by her side. The girl gave Shion the energy to get through the day and bear this school. But now that she was gone, Shion sees no reason to stay and she begins to realize that (Y/N) wasn't just someone that helped her get through the day, but someone that has treated her better than how she was treated in her entire life. She was considered an outcast to her own family ever since birth and the only person that didn't treat her poorly at the time was her own twin sister, Mion. Now Shion was determined to leave the school and go after (Y/N). She didn't want to lose the person that gave her the happiness and companionship that she had dreamed of.

"..."

Shion continued to stare at the clouds as the morning sun continued to rise. She started to question herself and her actions. Not many people would go after their friends just to keep them in their lives. There is usually a much greater motive behind doing so. Shion knew this but she couldn't pinpoint the emotion she was feeling towards the girl. (Y/N) had made her feel many emotions and picking one out of all of them wouldn't come close to how she truly feels. She started to think deeper about her relationship with the (h/c) haired girl in search for an answer for what she makes her feel. She tried to find the word to describe it.

Shion: "...love..."

Love. That's what she felt. It wasn't the common love shared among friends. The type of love that makes you want to hold onto a friendship. But a love shared among lovers. The type of love that makes her want to hold the girl's hand and never let go. To spend the rest of her life with and not care if she was moving too fast.  

"I love her."