Chapter 7.5

Shion POV

1:43am

I stared at the clock as the time continued to fly by. Sleep will not take me and I can't do nothing but think about what has happened tonight. The image of (Y/N)'s badly beaten form kept showing up in her mind. I wanted to hold (Y/N) and be the one to comfort her. I wanted to go with her in the ambulance but everyone kept holding me back. If only I went with her..she would've been okay.

Narrator

Shion continued to blame herself for the unfortunate events that had occurred tonight. All she could think about was the possible ways that she could've prevented (Y/N) from getting hurt. How if she helped her find Satoshi, she would've prevented the (Y/N)'s assailant from attacking her. But soon after, a sense of rage had taken over the feeling of guilt. She started to think about the person that caused this. The person that caused the love of her life to spend days in the hospital. Shion wondered who could've done this and why. For all she knew, no one had a reason to hurt (Y/N). There could be a killer on the loose and (Y/N) just so happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. But if that was the case, there would be more cases reported and there wouldn't be a festival.

Shion: "Wait...Satoshi was also missing while we were dropping cotton in the river. Satoko asked (Y/N) to find him before..Could Satoshi...no...He wouldn't do that, right?"

Shion had her suspicions. Coincidentally, Satoshi just so happens to be gone the same time as (Y/N) and he was never seen after (Y/N)'s attack. Satoshi was considered a suspect in Shion's book but she didn't want to jump to conclusions without evidence. Shion yawned as sleep was finally coming to her and she eventually closed her eyes before saying:

Shion: "Please be okay, (N/N). Please be okay."

-------

A bloodied bat was being washed vigorously by Satoshi. He managed to get most of the blood off but some of it managed to stain on the bat to the point it won't come off. He sighed annoyed and tucked the bat under his bed along with the black hoodie in an attempt to hide it while figuring out where to dump it. The red oni mask sat on his dresser as he thought that the mask was too common to cause any suspicion. He plopped on his bed but winced at the pain in his torso and arm.

I don't regret it.