Ch15 Down the Tail of the Stream

Tails had woken up and found himself on a rock embedded in the stream. Then he realised:
Sonic is in trouble!
He flies down the river back to the place he fell from.
He gaped in shock as he saw Breezie talking with SCRATCH AND GROUNDER.
He quietly crouched behind a boulder and listened to their conversation.
"I disposed of that horrible little fox.." sneered Breezie to Scratch and Grounder who appeared to be wrapped in bandages from their fall.
"Yeah he was sure to get in our way!" muttered Grounder dazily.
"But the next step of the plan, is the killing bit!" said Scratch hopping with glee.
"How exactly are you going to kill him? said Breezie sounding skeptical.
"Like this!" yelled Scratch slamming his hand onto a button.
"Sonic will be standing there..."
A bit of the floor flicked up...
"Then he will be flung into our electricity magnet!..."
A huge horseshoe magnet rose out of the ground sparkling with electricity...
"Killing him with the voltage!"
"Well... said Breezie. "It could work.."
"How despicable..." thought Tails shuddering behind a boulder.
"I better warn Sonic!"
Speaking of whom, Scratch, Grounder and Breezie could see him zooming up towards Desert Canyon Zone.
"He's coming!" hissed Breezie shooing them away.
"Oh no too late!" whispered Tails to himself. He flew over to Sonic who was still zooming.
"Sonic!" he shouted over the din,
"Breezie is tricking you! don't trust her!"
"Oh Tails, said Sonic dismissively.
"You've got so much imagination."
"NO IM NOT IMAGINING IT-"
But it was too late Sonic had gone faster leaving Tails spluttering in the dust.
"Oh no it's too late!" he said seeing Sonic who looked excessively tired, presenting the flower to Breezie.

DUN DUN DUNNNNN!