Truth and Family

This will be LONG, so prepare the food. I couldn't really split it so here you have a 2900 words chapter. Good luck.

We always try to hide things. We tell our parents we don't know who ate the last cookie, our friends that we are just tired, our uncles that nothing is really happens in our life. It is a vicious chain of lies, told in the vain hope of making ours and others people's lives easier. 

The interesting thing about all of those lies is that they are told out of a unfounded fright. We fear being punished, judged, but, most of the times, help. Because, even if we accept it or not, some ill people are doing the best they can to steer clear from any external way of healing. We are some proud creatures, aren't we? Always trying to hide our imperfection from the world, always striving to create a flawless image with no actual base. We have always thought that we can put ourselves back together because we never wanted to bother anyone with our broken pieces.

***Greenwood and Foster's residence. Living room***

''Are you sure you want to go to school, kid? 'Cause I can make a call and you can just stay here and play the keyboard or draw or

''Are you sure you want to go to school, kid? 'Cause I can make a call and you can just stay here and play the keyboard or draw or...''

''I will be alright, uncle. I skipped an entire day of school already, I can't...''

''Of course you can. Marigold, you barely slept...''

''I slept on the plane.''

''You really want to go to school?''

''I don't want to be absent.''

''But if you won't feel well?''

''I will go to the infirmary.''

''And...?''

''Call you.''

''Okay. Just take it easy, kid. You promise me?''

''I will try my hardest.''

''Okay. Have fun.''

''Goodbye, uncle.''

''Goodbye, Marigold.''

This will sure be a fun day.

***School time. Before History class. Marigold gets there just on time.***

For the record, the play took place the day before the actions of this chapter. Therefore, Marigold isn't aware of it, and I won't describe it here. Hopefully, you won't hate me too much for this choice. Sorry. :(

I can't believe my record of always being early is destroyed. But, if I can get through this day with the headache that I still have from yesterday, I will consider myself fulfilled.

''Good morning, Mr. Matthews.''

''Good  morning, Miss Foster. I am happy you made it.''

I hope I will really make it, but we will see.